Plus500 User Reviews 2018
- 1.0Great, but fundamentally flawed.I had a great experience using Plus500 as it is easy and quick to use. However, as a trader I am looking to make money and then be able to withdraw my money after making profits. The FCA heavily guides withdrawal processes however Plus500 is not well built to allow for easy withdrawal. It gives you the illusion that you are able to choose your withdrawal methods when in reality Plus500 enforce their right to choose how they return your money. This lead to complications as my original source of deposit was disabled and I had no other withdrawal options due to the Plus500 terms and conditions and I lost £1000s in the recent market crash... It was evident that after four unsuccessful withdrawal attempts that something wasn’t right and it turned out that Plus500 was changing my method without my permission!! I looked on my history and as I have two different PayPal accounts and Plus500 provides no details on which one the withdrawal they chose was directed to, I made a mistake. Plus500 could have clearly provided better support but they continued to direct money to a disabled account. I complained but was unsuccessful as there was no breach in FCA or Plus500 terms and conditions. There wasn’t even an offer to reimburse me reasonably for the flaws in the platform development. I would therefore warn everyone to stay away from this platform as they evidently do not take customers seriously and the platform is flawed.Curtis
- 1.0ScamStay away from these people. Absolute Scammers. Once you deposit your money, all eyes will be on you. They manipulate your spread when you loosing, and you loose fast in no time.Paul
- 1.0ScamPlus500 is a SCAM. They don’t provide their office address or phone number. The only way to communicate with them is email which they don’t reply on time, in fact, most of the time they don’t reply at all. They forcefully closed my positions at zero rate when the instrument was temporarily unavailable for trading (according to the company announcement) causing me a loss of around $1200 AUD. It caused my account a margin call and my other positions were closed automatically by the system causing me another $400 AUD loss. I lodged a complaint, they said they would investigate but they did nothing. I’ve evidence of all these and I can provide them at anytime if required. Their pip differences are huge and their instrument prices don’t match with the real prices. Please stay away from Plus500 by all means.Joyanta
- 2.0Failure to notifyI used plus 500 and good results to start with, the platform was relitively easy to use and had what seemed like reliable applications. But it has its problems. I got caught out with margin calling on one large trade which cost me thousands. The program failed to notify me that my margin was approaching and even though i had a large sum of money in my account it automatically exited me from a trade which shortly after turned in my favour. After contacting support about the lack of notifications they quickly dismissed it by saying notifications are from quote "10:39" Please note that alerts and notifications (either by SMS or Email), are not guaranteed, since they are dependent on third party providers" After asking for direction into where this was written in the terms and conditions i recieved a link with a 404 error message, then checking terms and conditions page, policy page etc all are down on 404 error. Pretty convienant timing. In all i wouldnt trust plus500 to trade with.Trenton
- 4.0LeverageIts a Good broker with nice benefits such as Rebates etc PLEASE ALLOW US TO SET OUR LEVERAGES MANUALLY FROM THE APP. PLEASE ****Zakhele
- 1.0Disgraceful to deal withThis company is causing me more grief than I could ever imagined. Facts - I deposited $3,000 using my VERIFIED credit card on 17/1/18. Funds appeared in my account. I then attempted to enter trades and was getting messages that the hourly limit has been exceeded. Makes no sense. I logged a message to support and the message I got was that I cant trade cause I am i the USA. Total rubbish as I live in Melbourne and I only visited the USA for one week in June last year. I have tried to withdraw my funds to my VERIFIED bank account and the reply I got was they will pass my case onto a different department. My advice to everyone is STAY AWAY from Plus 500.Peter
- 4.0Easy to useGoodHuman
- 1.0SCAM dont useAt first I liked the app then suddenly once I started depositing money and not using the bonuses they would illegally close my positions and take my money. I contacted them about it and they stopped responding so luckily I deposited through Paypal and opened a dispute. Paypal agreed they closed my positions illegally and ruled in my favor so Plus500 shut down my accountBelinda
- 1.0Delay on verificationI have been waiting for my account to be verified for 2 days and their customer service is so poor Whenever i ask them they just say that they dont know how long does it take But application is goodAbdurahmon
- 1.0ExpensiveThey are very expensive.Overnight trading costs, weekends they push trade amounts. Finishing up my trades here and moving to another broker. Not a bad system, however their expenses can kill you if you get into a trade that swings and you need to wait out. No long term trading here, trades have expiry times on them. Wouldn't recommend this purely on cost. I took a few issues up with them, x2 standard responses "Company Decision" and " CFDs is a blah blah blah blah" Just get the impression they more concerned about their profit. I personally would shop around before using them.Andrew
- 1.0ADVERTISING FREE & HIDING FEESSo basically you are not been told of this when you open an account but to withdraw you need to collect enough of this so called "trader points". Trader points are then exchanged to process your withdrawal. Shame is that you only collect those points by opening positions, which obviously costs money paid under the form of spread. When I pointed out that out of logic this means you pay to withdraw I have been told that it was not true, and I didnt need to obtain trader points. When asking how I could collect enough points to withdraw the reply was "points can only be obtained by opening trading positions". And the rat race starts again. I even red the entire User Agreement where THERE WAS NO MENTION OF THIS. Some users might have had a good experience, but to me this ways of hiding fees is worse than a joke and does not deserve any respect. Good luck to every one.Luca
- 1.0recent findingsThey have a position closing politic. So be careful. They closed my profitable bitcoin position and left open the loosing ethereum. This is company politics. I tried to elucidate what 's happening, but the conlusion is that tha company can and they do close some profitable positions. Fortunately i experienced this with demo money. Howewer somebody already told me this happened with him too. So i will not trade with them. I wrote this because no one siognaled this fact.zozo
- 4.0Upgrade to Gold account does not have to be accepted!!!!I have just read some reviews here and just wanted to let you all know that when you send plus500 a mail you can tell them that you DO NOT want your account upgraded until you let them know otherwise.. The Upgrade happened to me also but I went straight on the live chat and they explained what had happened and I immediately told them that I did not want this happening so they put my account back to its normal status and since then I have had no problems. Guys, just remember 1 think, never invest 1% more of your equity in 1 position and never invest more than 10% total equity. Thanks and I hope I could help with the Account degrade :) RodRod
- 2.0Not to trustingI used plus 500 for a few weeks and noticed some huge differences in trade fluctuations to other trading platforms. I traded using coinigy as well and cross checked allot with actual market values. On multiple times i noticed plus 500 not dropping its values to match the current market demand. the differences in the amount grew greatly when it came close to an obvious boom in the market. I noticed up to 1.2% difference before they even took out their .25% fee for using their service. After booms they would match the market value but you would still loose out in the beginning. Just be wary of this CFD trader. After noticing this i will not use it.Trenton
- 5.0They restored my confidenceI started trading with P500 from March 2017. I have had losses and successful withdrawals. Both their deposit and withdrawals are seamless. I just loove them !Precious
- 4.0nice servicenice serviceHenry
- 4.0Competitive Spreads
Their minimum spreads starts from a minimum of 2 pipsCharlot René
- 4.0High Bonuses offered
Their bonus level top out at the maximum amount of 7000 eurosSzép Dominik
- 5.0Efficient Proprietary Platform
Their trading platform is complete and easy to useJörg Meister
- 4.0FCA and CySEC regulated Broker
The broker is regulated in 3 different jurisdictionsLeo Buncle
- 4.0$100 Initial Minimum Deposit Requirement
You can open a live trading account for just $100Uriele Calabresi
- 2.0You are exposed to risk beyond tolerance
Be very cautious when trading with Plus500. You can be exposed to risk beyond your tolerance without even knowing or explicit consent. I personally was exposed to a risk well beyond my tolerance and was left with no funds in my account as I left my account expecting margin call to be made. The system somehow decided that no margin call is necessary until my account went well in minus beyond the available funds. I am not sure what kind of risk management they have that did not even notify me that no margin call will be made until they decide rather than making that call on the amount they had told me. I had closed all my open positions at loss and left the last position for margin call as I did not want to risk more funds.
I raised the issue with support and i was told I had agreed in the agreement with them that they can risk my funds on their own without getting my explicit consent in each scenario.
i was made to pay for what I believe is a system glitch because the feature they quoted as "BELOW MARGIN" is not on their margins page but margin call is very clear which somehow their system failed to make.Taimoor
- 3.0Slow software
Even on a commercial leased line the software is sluggish and has caused me to lose out on several occasions by not executing quickly enough. Bad times.NW
- 5.0Plug and Play very intuitive
I initially used the demo site for 24 hours,patience isnt my strong suit and im delighted to say after another 2 days i have made some really decent gains find the site incredibly easy to use ,im totally hooked.Ive used IG before but this is far superiorAndy Bolton
- 4.0Try the flow myself
I really like the broker, such a pleasure to deal with themMichael Litvinov
after one week trading they send me email my account was upgraded to gold :) before I could bought gold 2ounces now minimum is 20 for £100 I sent email 2 days ago and still nobody reply on my message:)johnny
- 3.0plus500.com - Review - Lost 50% of my equity in Real Account
plus500.com - Review - on TradeComplaint Com
Lost 50% of my equity in Real Account
I played around with demo account and things were fine but the real money account is tricky.I've had real money account for 3 weeks lost 50% of it already and they have upgraded my account to GOLD, Gold account will not let you trade small amount, min 1,000.00. Now I can't open trade until I deposit more funds. They do not accept UK driving licence as ID.
I like to trade this because the withdrawal is ok and has different and original plattformAndres Tovilla
- 4.0Plus500 give new 300$ FREE bonus
Plus500 give new 300$ FREE bonus, no any requirements! Must take,everyone !
- 4.0The best secure and easy Platform ever
I think its the best platform in all net. i use this platform and i think its so easy to invest and you fell much of safe when you invest. The only wronk think i have to say abouut this platform according to my opinion is that the extend you very quik to a golden member that did not help you really. I think that they must give you more time before become a golden member.(sorry for my english its no so good).Timotheos Stampoulidis
- 4.0Filled outside the NBBO
I inquired about a stop limit fill that clearly didn't print on the tape or the Plus500 rate. Over 72 hours later, I have received no response, and was blocked from their support channel. Also having a ridiculous time trying to get my money back out. I'd steer clear despite some of the clear benefits. It says alot when a company moderates your concerns instead of addressing them.
By far the most unprofessional business experience I've had in years. If anyone else has had negative experiences please contact mfkzt at boun.cr for escalation to a regulator and potential damages.Mfkzt
- 5.0very happy
easy to use early bonus's paid out straight away I practised on the demo account first, have made a few small errors when buying and selling but so far its a learning curve and im well in profit easy to pay in and cash out. thanks use on my iphone 5 so always able to keep an eye on what rising or falling.jim rhodes
- 3.0Away for the weekend
Sadly there is nobody around on weekends.It seems they only operate between normal business hours.
Slow response time to emails is 15-20 mins.
No phone number to speak to anybody.
Website states 24/7 contactability.
Frighteningly poor customer service for a broker who handle large amounts of the publics money.anthony10500
- 5.0The best
Im in loveEverton
- 5.0very easy to use platform
I started using it only few days ago but practised on demo for long time which is very good.Very easy and user friendly. Charts should be upgraded and must include mountain version. Must provide technical analysis and reserch and forcast for each stock.That is badly neededzahid ashraf
I began using plus500 a couple of months ago, sent all the required documents and began trading. The customer support is good, they immediately replied to my emails. No problems whatsoever with cashing out - takes a couple of days atleast.
The platform is simple but feels outdated and not flexible. I think the service is good even tho the trading application itself should be remade. I use other charts for trading.Alexander T.
- 4.0plus500 1,5 years
I have used plus500 since 2011 july.
I am satisfied with them. I bought shares for long time hold.
There was a little mistake:
They forgot the dividend, but when I ask about them. They give it to me. It was some chines shares so, not very popular.
About this 1,5 years, I win 40%, and I withdrawal the money with no problem within 2-3 working days.
I think they have an expensive rollover fine. That is a minus.
They are reliable.xy
Thank you This company really cares about it's customers!Егор
This is probably the only platform that allows you to trade without paying a basic fee on each transation. You pay only the spread.Alfonso F
- 5.0Multiple Instruments to trade in!
Apart Forex, it’s nice to know that they also deal with other financial instruments like CFDs, indices, commodities and stocks.Erik Wagner
- 4.0Great Practice Demo Account!
It’s great their practice demo account is for unlimited use. Gives me the chance to play around with new trading strategiesJürgen van der Zwet
- 5.0Simple and simple to operate platform!
Although their platform is not as sophisticated as Meta Trader4, I like it because it still provide me with all the essential info without cluttering up my screen.Alexis Croquetaigne
- 4.0Low Spreads Forex Broker!
3 words only for them! Fixed low Spread!Joseph Payne
- 4.0FSA Regulated Broker
Being FSA regulated gives me the confidence in dealing with them.Ewan Campbell
- 5.0Good to find a reliable mobile support systemI am a business man and always traveling. The most important thing to me is that I can access my account via my cellular telephone. Plus500 is great. I highly recommend it.Hannes Müller
- 5.0French Review -- Plus500I got in with Plus500 when they first opened in 2010. It was rocky when I was learning to trade at first but now I love it. Mostly, I trade Forex (EUR/USD) and (USD/JPY) but I like that there are options in other markets. Their platform is easy to use and powerful.Hugues Martin
- 5.0Three months in and working wellI joined Plus500 three months ago and I opened my real account last month. So far I’m up just over a wee bit but I’m getting the hang of it. So far so good.Michael Mitchell
- 5.0Plus500 is a nice broker
I have started trading with Plus500 4 months ago and so far I'm quite satisfied. They gave me a nice welcome bonus and the spreads are good too. The only thing I don't like is that they don't have a news feed... oh, well...Daniel Gold
- 4.0Plus500 - No deposit, got the bonusI made my investment and got my bonus. I read all of the educational materials and tried to earn some money. It was not easy. I lost in stocks but gained in Forex and Indices. I guess that’s how it goes. But I’m happy because I got my bonus and am making profits.Capri Brunone