Aeternity (AE) Price
- Aeternity(AE)$0.4552-0.0324(-6.6428%)12:18:01(GMT)|Real-Time Data, Currency in USD
- Open$0.4876Day's Range$0.4504- $0.4792
- Market Cap$13.87 MVolume$39.44 M
- Current Supply30.48 MAEMax Supply273.69 MAE
- Proof TypePoW/PoS
- Market Cap$13.87 M
- Volume$28.11 M
- Current Supply30.48 MAE
- Max Supply273.69 MAE
- Day's Range$0.4504- $0.4792
Aeternity is an open-source blockchain fuelled by Aeon (AE) tokens that were created to address existing scalability issues to support the integration of real-world information onto the blockchain.
Aeternity looks to achieve integration by using an oracle system that incorporates the use of, both non-human sources by using real word sensors to deliver information without human activity, while also collecting information from humans.
The concept is ultimately to assimilate the information gathered from both human and non-human sources and deliver smart contracts without the need for 3rd parties.
Consensus on the Aeternity blockchain is achieved with a hybrid proof-of-work and proof-of-stake algorithm.
- Cuckoo Cycle Proof-of-Work encourages the development of better dynamic random access memory (DRAM) chips.
- Proof of Stake is used for governance, which is done via delegated voting, weighted by the number of tokens each account holds.
The advantage of using a hybrid consensus is in the fact that the risk of mining centralization is alleviated, with miners unable to take control by significant higher computing power, due to the proof-of-stake relying on wealth and, vice versa.
Aeternity was founded in 2017 by Yanislav Malahov, with the total number of AE tokens capped at 273,685,83.
The Aeternity platform supports numerous cases, including:
- Distributed aepps ecosystem: Aeternity places a strong emphasis on creating a platform that is friendly towards developers of DApps, also referred to as aepps. APIs, development tools, SDKs and support are provided by the team to help bootstrap the development of aepps to facilitate the evolution of the Aeternity ecosystem.
- Decentralized Fintech: Infinite scalability, instant payment functionality, and Oracle feed to support the automation of financial transactions involving large numbers of parameters, with an unlimited number of concurrent users. Funding can only be unlocked if the outcome, which is to be reached with the funding, is resolved by an Oracle or voting.
- Crowdfunding Projects: Smart contracts can be used to raise money for projects and at the same time secure contributors from failure.
- Instant Video Game Rewards: Users are in full control of their in-game transactions, keeping fees to a minimum by removing intermediaries, with blockchain tech protecting the network from fraudulent activity.
- Trust-free Exchanges: The platform supports cross-chain, trust-free atomic swaps, in other words supporting the exchange of AE tokens for another cryptocurrency.
- Micro and Nano Payments: Payments are handled off-chain via state channels, supporting instantaneous payment.
AE tokens that fuel the Aeternity blockchain are used to power any application implemented on the platform. Every action on the platform costs something.
Some distinct differences and characteristics of the Aeternity Platform include:
- There are a finite number of AE tokens.
- A hybrid consensus is used to prevent centralization of mining.
- The platform looks to address scalability and the integration of the real world into blockchain.
- The platform is supportive of smart contract and DApps development.
Don't miss a thing!
- Moving AveragesSELL(18)
|Williams %R (14)||-62.9808|
|Stochastic RSI (14)||88.7697|
|Ultimate oscillator (7,14,28)||44.173|
|Stochastic Fast (14)||37.0192|