DigiByte (DGB) Price
- DigiByte(DGB)$0.0118-0.0001(-0.8771%)02:23:21(GMT)|Real-Time Data, Currency in USD
- Open$0.0119Day's Range$0.0117- $0.0121
- Market Cap$135.50 MVolume$643.45 K
- Current Supply11.41 BDGBMax Supply21.00 BDGB
- Proof TypePoW
- Market Cap$135.50 M
- Volume$21.12 K
- Current Supply11.41 BDGB
- Max Supply21.00 BDGB
- Day's Range$0.0117- $0.0121
DigiByte is a cryptocurrency and open source blockchain created to deliver a faster and more secure cryptocurrency that represents objects of value including but not limited to currency, information, property, and digital data.
Users of DigiBytes blockchain technology are able to secure data, documents, and contracts on the decentralized ledger, while DigiBytes also competes with other true cryptocurrencies to become the leading alternative virtual payment platform to fiat money.
Security is enhanced with the implementation of both Multishield and Digishield.
DigiByte uses five secure and advanced cryptographic mining algorithms to prevent mining centralization that has been seen on other single algorithm blockchains.
Block processing time is 15 seconds, with an early adoption of segregated witness (SegWit) allowing for several innovations to occur including cross chain transactions and single confirmation transactions.
Transactions on the DigiByte blockchain are limited in size and scope in order to increase speed, efficiency, and throughput while maintaining security.
DigiByte was launched in January 2014 and was created by Jared Tate. From 2014 through to 2035, the number of DigiBytes that can be created is capped at 21 billion.
DigiByte coins are created through mining, with the DigiByte network using proof-of-work consensus algorithms. CPU, GPU, and ASIC hardware along with specialized DigiByte mining software and a DigiByte wallet are required to mine for DigiBytes.
Miners are able to choose from five algorithms to mine for DigiBytes, the algorithms being: sha256; skein; qubit; groestl and scrypt.
Each algorithm caters for different types of mining hardware:
- Sha256 and scrypt: ASIC hardware
- Skein and groestl: GPU hardware
- Qubit: Multiple hardware.
Some distinct differences and characteristics of the DigiByte Platform include:
- DigiBytes transactions per second are projected to hit 280,000 by 2035.
- There is no whitepaper for prospective investors to get a better handle on the tech and team goals.
- As the main competitor to Bitcoin, speed is the name of the game and Bitcoin is dwarfed by comparison. With a TPS of over 500 per second compared with Bitcoin’s 7, a viable alternative to the likes of PayPal, Western Union and eventually even Visa.
- With 5 algorithms, the DigiByte team have delivered mining protocols that prevent centralization.
- Yaron Mazor
DigiByte – 5 Cents Target. When?
Since its price stabilization in April, DigiByte past performance shows a month of gains followed by 2 months of losses. There is no other evidence nor any kind of clue whether October will be another green month that will continue to produce the same market price pattern or not.With a
Don't miss a thing!
- Moving AveragesBUY(18)
|Williams %R (14)||-80.00|
|Stochastic RSI (14)||53.4029|
|Ultimate oscillator (7,14,28)||50.0974|
|Stochastic Fast (14)||20.00|