Gas (GAS) Price
- Gas(GAS)$1.3789+0.0631(+4.8024%)03:46:36(GMT)|Real-Time Data, Currency in USD
- Open$1.3157Day's Range$1.2943- $1.3921
- Market Cap$13.97 MVolume$409.76 K
- Current Supply10.13 MGASMax Supply9.68 MGAS
- Proof TypeN/A
- Market Cap$13.97 M
- Volume$329.03 K
- Current Supply10.13 MGAS
- Max Supply9.68 MGAS
- Day's Range$1.2943- $1.3921
GAS is a virtual token, commonly referred to as a cryptocurrency that is distributed to investors that hold NEO coins in NEO compatible wallets. GAS was developed to be used to pay for transactions on the network and was formerly known as ANC-Antcoins
There are a finite number of GAS coins, with the maximum supply being 100 million.
GAS tokens are generated with each NEO block generation, which means that the amount of GAS each NEO coin holder receives depends on the block generation rate.
It is estimated that it would take approximately 22 years for GAS tokens to reach the 100 million maximum supply.
NEO’s GAS reward calculator shows 2 values:
- Theory calculation: The calculation shows NEO holder GAS rewards based on the whitepaper, which indicates GAS reward on a 15-second block generation rate.
- Actual calculation: The calculation is based on the actual block generation rate, which varies from theoretic and ultimately explains the reason for actual GAS reward being lower than theoretical.
GAS, which is also referred to as NEOGAS, gives the right to use the NEO system, while NEO coins represent the ownership of the NEO blockchain.
NEO was founded in 2014 and was previously known as Antshares, with the name change taking place on 22nd June 2017.
NEO blockchain is a key driver behind NEO and GAS. NEO is a non-profit community-based blockchain project supporting the management of digital assets using a smart contract, with NEO also referred to as China’s Ethereum.
NEO allows the digitalization of assets on the decentralized blockchain, making it free of intermediaries, whilst being transparent, trustful and traceable. NEO users are able to register, trade and circulate asset types, linking the physical world to the digital world via digital identity.
The ultimate goal is for NEO to deliver a smart economy described as:
Digital assets + Digital Identity + Smart Contracts
NEO’s algorithm is Proof of Stake, where blocks processing power is dependent upon the number of tokens held by miners, as opposed to computing power as is the case of Proof of Work algorithms.
Some distinct differences and characteristics of GAS include:
- There are no physical GAS, only virtual.
- GAS is awarded to NEO coin holders who store their coins locally and not on an exchange.
- Yearly GAS reward per NEO is expected to fall to 0.02 per annum, based on theoretical and hold at 0.02 GAS per NEO per annum until a minimum of 22-years has passed.
- It is possible to trade GAS on supporting cryptocurrency exchanges.
- It is the intention that GAS can be mined at a later date, but the option has yet to be activated.
- The more digital assets registered with the NEO blockchain, the more GAS is rewarded to NEO holders.
- Moving AveragesSELL(12)
|Williams %R (14)||-3.0928|
|Stochastic RSI (14)||100.00|
|Ultimate oscillator (7,14,28)||64.9101|
|Stochastic Fast (14)||96.9072|