NEM (XEM) Price
- NEM(XEM)$0.0668+0.0017(+2.6558%)09:13:15(GMT)|Real-Time Data, Currency in USD
- Open$0.0651Day's Range$0.0630- $0.0685
- Market Cap$601.83 MVolume$12.99 K
- Current Supply9.00 BXEMMax Supply9.00 BXEM
- Proof TypePoI
- Market Cap$601.83 M
- Volume$12.99 K
- Current Supply9.00 BXEM
- Max Supply9.00 BXEM
- Day's Range$0.0630- $0.0685
XEM is the native cryptocurrency that drives NEM’s public, decentralized blockchain. NEM’s XEM is used to pay for transactions to incentivize its network of public nodes that process and record transactions for businesses and users.
NEM was created in 2015 and resulted from a Bitcoin Talk (NXT) fork, with Bitcoin Talk forum user UtopianFuture inspiring the fork.
There are a total 8,999,999,999 XEM coins, with each harvester wallet required to have at least 10,000 vested XEM coins. NEM harvesters are equivalent to miners, receiving transaction fees upon the creation of a new block.
NEM is a peer-to-peer blockchain technology, considered to be the first Smart Asset blockchain. NEM delivers a platform for the management of any kind of asset, including but not limited to currencies, supply chains, notarizations, titles, and deeds.
NEM’s smart asset system features including:
- Addresses: Container assets on the blockchain that can represent a single object that must be unique and updatable. An address can be as simple as a user’s account full of coins, like most blockchains, or it could be a package to be shipped or a deed to a house.
- Mosaics: Custom assets on the NEM blockchain, which once sent to the NEM network results in a special fee payable in addition to the standard transaction fees. A mosaic could be as simple as a token or more specialized assets such as reward points, shares of stock, signatures, status flags, etc. Mosaics are held within Addresses.
- Namespaces: A domain naming system that consists of higher level domains and subdomains, allowing for the creation of multiple subdomains that form Mosaics.
- Transactions: This facilitates the transfer of Mosaics between Addresses, transfer or configure ownership of Addresses, send messages, etc. Each transaction is time stamped.
The NEM blockchain uses a Proof-of-Importance (“PoI”) algorithm, with nodes responsible for the verification of transactions as well as database maintenance, synchronization with other nodes, while maintaining trustworthiness and stability.
With the use of its Eigentrust ++ algorithm, nodes are able to intelligently judge the reputation of other nodes and reject bad nodes.
Some distinct differences and characteristics of NEM’s XEM include:
- There are no physical XEM coins, only virtual.
- Unlike fiat currencies, there are a finite number of XEM coins.
- There is the ability to delegate harvesting of XEM coins.
- Based on a Proof-of-Importance algorithm, giving the right to harvest to those that have a vested interest in NEM.
- Bob Mason
NEM’s XEM Technical Analysis – Support Levels Eyed – 17/12/18
Key HighlightsNEM’s XEM gained 2.83% on Sunday, partially reversing a 4.30% slide on Saturday, to end the week down 18.4% to $0.06177.A start of a day intraday low $0.05975 saw NEM’s XEM steer clear of the first major support level at $0.0546.NEM’s XEM hit a late afternoon intraday high $0.06407,
- Bob Mason
NEM’s XEM Technical Analysis – More than Support Needed – 07/12/18
Key HighlightsNEM’s XEM fell by 8.79% on Thursday, following on from a 1.83% fall on Wednesday, to end the day at $0.06962An early morning intraday high $0.07595 saw NEM’s XEM break through the first major resistance level at $0.07898 before hitting reverse.NEM’s XEM fell through the first and second major
- Bob Mason
NEM’s XEM Technical Analysis – Support Levels Eyed – 29/11/18
Key HighlightsNEM’s XEM gained 8.44% on Wednesday, following a 9.92% rally on Tuesday, to end the day at $0.0830.A late in the day intraday high $0.08569 saw NEM’s XEM break through the day’s first major resistance level at $0.0811 and second major resistance level at $0.0857 before easing back.A start
- Bob Mason
NEM’s XEM Technical Analysis – Eyeing New 2018 Lows – 21/11/18
Key HighlightsNEM’s XEM fell by 5.44% on Tuesday, following on from Monday’s 16.85% tumble, to end the day at $0.07999.A morning reversal saw NEM’s XEM slide through the first major support level at $0.0743 to an intraday low and new swing lo $0.07234 before finding support.The late morning rebound saw
- Bob Mason
NEM’s XEM Technical Analysis – Eyeing Resistance Levels – 13/11/18
Key HighlightsNEM’s XEM rallied by 20.41% on Monday, following a 0.55% fall on Sunday, to end the day at $0.11243.A mid-morning intraday low $0.09203 called on support at the first major support level at $0.092 ahead of a late morning rally.The late morning rally saw NEM’s XEM break through the
Don't miss a thing!
- Moving AveragesBUY(13)
|Williams %R (14)||-3.3333|
|Stochastic RSI (14)||100.00|
|Ultimate oscillator (7,14,28)||57.7572|
|Stochastic Fast (14)||96.6667|