Skycoin (SKY) Price
- Skycoin(SKY)$1.0228+0.0108(+1.0728%)10:42:23(GMT)|Real-Time Data, Currency in USD
- Open$1.0119Day's Range$1.0189- $1.1165
- Market Cap$11.25 MVolume$440.70 K
- Current Supply11.00 MSKYMax Supply100.00 MSKY
- Proof TypeN/A
- Market Cap$11.25 M
- Volume$382.62 K
- Current Supply11.00 MSKY
- Max Supply100.00 MSKY
- Day's Range$1.0189- $1.1165
Skycoin is a cryptocurrency and blockchain developed to decentralize the internet at the hardware level, not only providing decentralized bandwidth, but also storage and computing power.
In order to deliver a truly decentralized network, the team created a completely new consensus algorithm called Obelisk, which prevents the development of centralized power. With Obelisk, Skycoin does not require mining, immunizing it from a 51% attack.
Key characteristics of the Skycoin platform include:
Obelisk: This consensus is based on a web of trust consensus algorithm that addresses the issues faced with PoW and PoS consensus algorithms.
Fiber: Supports the development of DApps, with each project given its own blockchain, wallet, and coin to deliver scalability, by removing congestion on the Skycoin main blockchain.
Skywire: Consists of Skyminer nodes that are interconnected via wireless, satellite, fiber optics or ISP links.
Skyminer: Hardware nodes that make up the Skycoin platform rewarded with Coin Hours for providing key services to users on the network and not for mining as is the case with proof-of-work consensus.
CX/CXO: The Skycoin ecosystem includes its own programming language and an immutable object system. These support the basis for application logit and data distribution across the network. CX can be used to create DApps, video games, and program FPGA chips as well as smart contracts.
Coin Hours: Accrued by holding Skycoin, Coin Hours is the payment mechanism for services on the Skycoin platform. Coin Hours are paid to Skycoin holders for each and every hour that Skycoins are held. They are also earned by Skyminers who deliver Skycoin services to the network. There is no cap on the number of Coin Hours.
Skycoin was founded by Synth, Houwu Chen and Steve Leonard and released in May 2018, with the total number of Skycoin capped at 100,000,000 coins, 25% of which were unlocked for distribution, with 75% time locked, with 5,000,000 coins unlocked on an annual basis.
Some distinct differences and characteristics of the Skycoin Platform include:
- Transactions speeds take as little as 2 seconds.
- There is no mining of Skycoins, with the network protected from a 51% attack with the use of Obelisk consensus algorithm, otherwise known as web-of-trust.
- The total number of Skycoins are capped at $100,000,000, with Coin Hours being earned by Skycoin holders and supporters of the network.
Don't miss a thing!
- Moving AveragesNEUTRAL(0)
|Williams %R (14)||-60.00|
|Stochastic RSI (14)||63.563|
|Ultimate oscillator (7,14,28)||44.969|
|Stochastic Fast (14)||40.00|