Stratis (STRAT) Price
- Stratis(STRAT)$0.8429-0.0917(-9.8192%)12:18:01(GMT)|Real-Time Data, Currency in USD
- Open$0.9347Day's Range$0.8220- $0.9108
- Market Cap$83.68 MVolume$2.63 M
- Current Supply99.30 MSTRATMax SupplyN/ASTRAT
- Proof TypePoW/PoS
- Market Cap$83.68 M
- Volume$2.05 M
- Current Supply99.30 MSTRAT
- Max SupplyN/ASTRAT
- Day's Range$0.8220- $0.9108
Stratis is a Blockchain-as-a-Service (“BaaS”) provider that has been built on an Ethereum blockchain to enable entities to build private blockchains within the main Stratis blockchain.
Stratis offers simple and cost-effective end-to-end solutions for development, testing, and deployment of native C# blockchain applications on the .Net framework. Solutions can be tailored to individual needs with the Stratis blockchain combining the latest advancements in security and stability as well as improvements in network speed, scalability, and customization.
The Stratis service suite focuses on:
Development: The platform allows businesses and organizations to develop blockchain applications in C# utilizing the Microsoft.Net Framework. The Stratis team can assist in defining blockchain strategy and in delivering solutions and Stratis capabilities to meet the needs of businesses looking to development blockchains.
Testing: The Cloud Stratis platform allows developers to quickly provision full blockchain nodes to test their applications.
Deployment: Allows businesses and organizations to test and deploy their bespoke blockchain-based applications in the Stratis Cloud, without the need to maintain the network of full clients themselves.
The Stratis blockchain is fuelled by STRAT, the network’s proof-of-stake cryptocurrency. STRAT is used to pay fees per transaction and as an instrument for the transfer of value among participants in the Stratis marketplace.
The proof-of-stake protocol limits miner influence to the number of STRAT coins held, removing the issues faced by proof-of-work protocols that have led to mining cartels disrupting advancements that have led to hard forks. The proof-of-stake means that any miner with 51% of the STRAT coin supply has a vested interest in the survival and success of the Stratis network.
STRAT coin holders can stake their tokens to earn rewards from the Stratis network, with no CPU/GPU or Asics power and the associated sizeable investments in hardware and running costs involved.
STRAT coin holders are randomly selected for each block. 1 token is issued per block, with a processing time of 60 seconds.
The Stratis platform was released in August 2016 after a 2-month ICO and was founded by Chris Trew. A total of 98 million STRAT coins were issued at ICO in 2016, a finite number, with the final breakdown being:
- 84 million STRAT coins were allocated to ICO investors.
- 8 million STRAT coins were allocated to the Stratis team.
- 2 million STRAT coins were allocated to advisers and partners.
- 4 million STRAT coins were allocated for bounties and marketing campaigns.
While there is a finite number, the annual rate of inflation is forecasted to be 0.5% – 1% a year, which is expected to offset STRAT coin losses to maintain the 98 million cap on STRAT coins.
Some distinct differences and characteristics of the Stratis Platform include:
- Stratis was developed in pure C#, utilizing the Microsoft.Net framework, which is easier to maintain and develop further than the traditional C++ Bitcoin core source code.
- Blockchains launched by third parties enjoy the benefits of the Stratis blockchain, including important security advancements.
- Scalability is addressed by businesses and organizations building private blockchains that are off the main blockchain, avoiding Stratis blockchain bulging.
- Proof-of-stake protocol is used to avoid issues faced by proof-of-work protocols.
Don't miss a thing!
- Moving AveragesSELL(14)
|Williams %R (14)||-91.866|
|Stochastic RSI (14)||85.1457|
|Ultimate oscillator (7,14,28)||34.3609|
|Stochastic Fast (14)||8.134|