Currency.com Review 2021
Currency.com is an online tokenized assets trading platform designed to make complex trading of cryptos and fiat money fast and easy. The Currency.com platform not facilitates the trading of cryptocurrencies and tokens but also other asset classes. These include some of the largest blue-chip companies, such as Apple and Amazon.com, as well as key commodities, including gold and crude oil.
As an online multi-asset class trading platform, the platform gives investors access to more than 1,500 top-traded tokenized assets, fiat money and cryptos. The platform allows investors and traders to trade directly in cryptos and to profit in cryptos, without having to exchange back into fiat currency.
The platform ultimately bridges the emerging world of cryptocurrencies with more traditional financial assets.
It’s essentially a one-stop-shop, where both novice and more experienced traders can access the broader global financial markets and cryptos on a single platform.
Launched in 2019, Currency.com is headquartered in Belarus and is regulated under the legislation of the Republic of Belarus. Since launch, Currency.com has expanded its service within the EU on behalf of DLT by GFSC.
As a fully regulated exchange, Currency.com is compliant with all AML and KYC laws.
Currency.com not only facilitates the trading of cryptos and tokenized assets but also provides leverage of up to 1:500.
Unlike many crypto market exchanges, Currency.com not only facilitates the trading of cryptos and tokenized assets but also provides leverage of up to 1:500.
- Brokerage Services & Payment Methods
- The Pros and Cons
- The Details
- Trading Platform
- Deposit & Withdrawal Options
- Fees and Charges
- Privacy and Security
- Supported Cryptocurrencies and Tokenized Assets
- Currency.com Wallets
- Customer Support
- The Affiliate Program
- Additional Information
Brokerage Services & Payment Methods
Currency.com provides a trading platform to support the trading of cryptocurrencies, fiat money, and other asset classes by way of tokenized assets. Other asset classes include shares listed on the major bourses, commodities, ETFs, indices, and government bonds.
Investors and traders are able to purchase or trade a wide range of asset classes. The key benefit of investing into tokenized assets is that investors can purchase a fraction of an asset, making some assets more accessible.
Users who already own cryptocurrencies supported by Currency.com may transfer these to the compatible wallets provided on the Currency.com platform.
Additionally, Currency.com also accepts fiat money deposits by way of bank transfers, online banking, or credit and debit card payments.
The Pros and Cons
- Competitively low fees: Currency.com charges competitive fees and there are no hidden costs.
- Deposits and Withdrawals: The platform facilitates the deposit and withdrawal of fiat money and cryptos.
- Demo Account: The feel is no different to the live account, giving users an opportunity to learn to navigate before going live.
- Execution Speed: Exceptional speed limits slippage, which is particularly important in the crypto sphere.
- Leverage: Allows 1:500 leverage, enabling traders and investors to enhance returns. It is important to note, however, that leverage can lead to substantial loss.
- Multi-Asset Class Offering: The exchange not only offers access to cryptos but also exposure to commodities, ETFs, fiat money, indices, government bonds, and shares.
- Security: Currency.com has a strong emphasis on security, with its servers stored in data centers used by the world’s lead exchanges.
Other positives include
- Audited: Currency.com is audited by big four Ernst & Young.
- Free Coins: Users are able to earn coins via the contests page.
- Mobile Compatible: investors and traders can go mobile by downloading the Currency.com app from Google Play and AppStore.
- Risk Management: In addition to more than 75 technical indicators and array of drawing tools, investors can also take advantage of stop loss and take profit capabilities. Currency.com also offers negative balance protection.
- Currency.com is regulated and is KYC and AML compliant, removing any option for anonymity.
- There is only a limited number of cryptos for those looking for access to smaller cryptos.
Currency.com supports the investing and trading of more than 1,500 tokenized assets, fiat money, and cryptos.
Cryptos supported by Currency.com include Bitcoin (“BTC”), Bitcoin Cash (“BCH”), Ethereum (“ETH”), Litecoin (“LTC”), Ripple (“XRP”), and Tether (“USDT”).
While offering cryptos, the platform also offers the trading of more traditional asset classes. These include the trading of fiat money and also tokenized assets.
These tokenized assets include ETFs, shares listed across the major global indexes, commodities, and government bonds.
With the array of asset classes available, Currency.com provides investors and traders with a one-stop-shop platform.
Tokenized assets available on the Currency.com platform can be summarised as follows:
Commodities: Under the Oil Market category, oil-related tokenized stocks and commodities are available for trading. These include Brent Oil and companies such as Baker Hughes and Chesapeake Energy.
Exchange-Traded Funds: Amongst an array of ETFs, Currency.com offers the SPDR umbrella among others.
Indices: These include, but are not limited to the S&P500, NASDAQ100, FTSE China 50, DAX30, and CAC40.
Shares: Currency.com offers tokenized shares found across the world’s major indexes, including Apple Inc. and Amazon.com.
Tokenized Bonds: Currency.com has recently tokenized and offers bonds issued by the Ministry of Finance of Belarus.
Investors trading tokenized assets on Currency.com do not own the actual asset class, for instance, Apple Inc. shares. Investors hold tokenized equivalents that track the actual asset. An added advantage is that investors are able to hold a fraction of the asset.
As a multi-asset class, regulated exchange, traders, and investors are able to make secure deposits and withdrawals, in both fiat money and crypto.
The platform also offers traders and investors with the option to trade on margin, with leverage of up 1:500.
Currency.com provides an advanced but simple to use trading platform. (For demonstrative purposes, we are using the leverage platform and a demo account).
Investors and traders can place orders using the Leverage Platform or the Exchange Platform. You can place orders in one of two ways: Via the trade page or via the charts page.
By accessing the “Trade” page, users have access to cryptos, fiat money, and tokenized assets, including commodities, ETFs, shares, indices, and government bonds.
You may either select the asset or pairing from the categories show on the left-hand side of the trade page or use the “Search” option, as shown below.
For demonstrative purposes, we have chosen Bitcoin (“BTC”). You can then find Bitcoin pairings to the right-hand side.
In order to purchase Bitcoin with US Dollars:
- Click “Buy” and complete the information requested.
- The platform clearly shows the required margin for a leveraged trade and the fee to keep the trade open overnight.
- You are able to see a breakdown of the fees and additional information by clicking the “Information” icon alongside Margin.
- You can also specify the buy/sell price by placing a limit order.
- Once you have clicked Buy, you will receive a notification that the order has been placed.
There is an edit option, alongside your active trade, as shown by the arrow above. This allows you to enter stop loss or take profit. Click “Edit”, make the necessary adjustments, and then click “Update Trade”.
- Stop Loss:
- You have the option to select a normal or guaranteed stop loss.
- You may also specify your stop-loss by “Distance”, degree of price decline from the purchase price or “Price level”, which is a specified price. These options are available within the “Amount” dropdown menu.
- There is also a “Sell” option, where you can specify the amount you wish to sell and execute.
- Take Profit:
- Here you are able to specify at what profit level you wish to sell.
- Again, there is also a “Sell” option, where you can specify the amount you wish to sell and execute.
In order to sell Bitcoin for US Dollars:
- Click the “Sell” icon alongside the Bitcoin/USD pair.
- You may either, click the “Sell” button. Here you can sell Bitcoin at the market price or specify the selling price.
- Users can make buy or sell via any charts that you may have created and “Added to Charts”.
- Once you have selected the asset that you wish to buy or sell, follow the steps above.
For investors looking to trade and invest without leverage, click on the “Exchange” icon found at the top of your live account as shown below.
Complete your buy or sell order as outlined above. The only difference is that there is no leverage option and margin requirement.
Key features of the Currency.com platform include:
Customizable Layouts: Investors and traders can customize charts to meet individual requirements.
Dedicated Learning to Trade page: A dedicated learning center gives users an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the platform and trading before taking the plunge. There is also a full demo platform and an FAQ section to further familiarise with the platform.
Indicators: The platform offers investors and traders 75 indicators and plenty of chart drawing options.
Leverage Options: Leverage of up to 1:500 is on offer to investors and traders to enhance returns.
Mobile Trading: Currency.com is also available on Google Play and the AppStore for those who want to trade on the go.
Multi-Asset Class Platform: Investors and traders not only have access to cryptos, but also tokenized assets including commodities, ETFs, government bonds, indices, and shares. Investors are able to make fractional orders. Fiat currency pairings are also available, as well as crypto-fiat money pairings.
Professional Charts: Users have access to professional charts than can be saved within the charts page for future access. This removes the need to rebuild charts with indicators and drawings.
Risk Management: Currency.com offers all-important risk management capabilities to mitigate market risk. These include stop loss, guaranteed stop-loss, and take profit order options.
Key attributes of the Currency.com platform include:
- Provides investors and traders with access to more than 1,500 tokenized assets, fiat money, and cryptos.
- Powerful charts and 75 technical indicators.
- Offers a leverage of up to 1:500, with leverage limits varying by asset class. (See additional information section)
- Investors and traders are able to deposit and withdraw compatible cryptos and supported fiat money.
- Mobile friendly with a mobile app compatible with android and iOS.
- Tight market spreads of $0.05 for BTC.
- Regulated by the Belarusian 8th Decree on Development of Digital Economy.
- Competitive commissions and no hidden fees.
- Fully regulated and AML and KYC compliant.
- An impressive trade matching speed of 50m/sec.
- Regulated by the UK FCA, Cyprus SEC, and Belarusian 8th Decree on Development of Digital Economy.
- A very user-friendly interface, with plenty of tools to manage risk.
- Demo account available to become familiar with the platform offerings.
- Fast and easy registration process, with KYC and AML requirements for those looking for a regulated platform.
- Global reach. Just 21 countries fall under the list of prohibited jurisdictions. As at 21.02.20, prohibited jurisdictions include Cambodia, Iran, Myanmar, Panama, Syria, and the U.S. Click here for the full list.
- 24/7 – Customer support – 24 hours per day support is available via email, Facebook, Livechat, Telegram, Viber, and Whatsapp.
- An impressive “Learn to Trade” section for the more novice investor and comprehensive FAQ section to support users.
Deposit & Withdrawal Options
Currency.com facilitates the deposit and withdrawal of funds in either crypto or fiat money.
Fiat Money: Users can make fiat money deposits and withdrawals by debit and credit card, bank transfer, or online banking. Currency.com also supports SEPA and eWallets.
Cryptocurrencies: Currency.com also supports the deposit and withdrawal of cryptos. Investors and traders are able to withdraw and deposit cryptos supported by the Currency.com platform. These include Bitcoin (“BTC”), Bitcoin Cash (“BCH”), Ethereum (“ETH”), Litecoin (“LTC”), Ripple (“XPR”), and Tether (“USDT”).
Do note that, while you are can make deposits, you can only trade for up to 15-days until you have completed the verification process. (See Registration Process for details).
Investors and traders are able to:
- Make fiat money deposits by bank transfer, online banking, and credit and debit card.
- Investors and traders who already hold Currency.com supported cryptos can make a wallet to wallet transfer.
In the case of transferring already held cryptocurrencies, select the appropriate crypto wallet listed on the “Wallets” page and click the deposit option. For demonstrative purposes, we have chosen Bitcoin (“BTC”).
We recommend that you scan the QR code, when possible, to make a transfer from your private wallet to your Currency.com wallet. Once you have scanned the QR code, enter the number of Bitcoin’s you wish to transfer and complete the deposit.
There is also an option to copy the Bitcoin wallet address to prevent making a typo. A transfer to an incorrect wallet address will result in a loss of funds.
For withdrawals, traders and investors may withdraw cryptos and deposit to privately held compatible crypto wallets.
Currency.com also allows the withdrawal of fiat money. Users can withdraw fiat money via bank transfer or via bank card.
Bank Transfer: Please note that the bank account must be in your name when withdrawing to a bank account. You are also required to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, confirming that the bank account is opened in your name.
Bank Card: If you do not see an option for bank card withdrawal, this means that your card is not activated on the Currency.com platform. You will need to make a deposit by the bank card in order to activate it on the platform.
To make a crypto withdrawal, select the wallet from which you wish to withdraw your cryptocurrencies and click the Withdrawal option.
Paste your destination wallet address, enter the number of coins you wish to withdraw, and confirm the withdrawal request.
Ensure that you have entered the correct information. Incorrect information could lead to the permanent loss of your crypto assets.
Also, please note that there are fees for making deposits and withdrawals. Please see the Fees and Charges section for details.
To open an account, go to the Currency.com home page and click on “Sign Up” on the top right-hand side of the site.
Complete the requested information, which includes email address and password and click “Continue”.
Note that you automatically accept Currency.com’s agreement and privacy policies by continuing. (Institutional investors are also catered for, with the option to open a legal entity account).
Enter your country of residence and nationality and indicate whether or not you are a resident of the U.S for tax purposes. Then click “Continue”.
Enter your name and surname and confirm that you are acting on your own behalf and in your own interests. Then click “Continue”.
Once you have signed up, you will be taken to the Currency.com main page, where you are then requested to make a deposit, as shown below:
Before you continue with your deposit, go to your email account inbox and verify your email address. You will need to confirm by email in order to activate your account and begin trading.
Upon confirmation of your email, you are then prompted to verify your identity, as shown below:
Select “Passport” or “ID Card” and upload or send to email@example.com.
You will then be prompted to provide Proof of Residence Address:
Once you have uploaded, you are redirected to the Currency.com trading interface.
Post Registration Deposit
Click on “Deposit” at the top of the page or on the left-hand side of the page and proceed to make a deposit.
You have multiple deposit options that include, but are not limited to, bank cards, bank transfers, online banking, and crypto deposits. Users are able to deposit Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, and Tether.
Select your preferred deposit method. For demonstrative purposes, we have chosen Bitcoin (“BTC”).
Copy the address or use the QR code to then transfer already held Bitcoins from your Bitcoin wallet to your Currency.com Bitcoin wallet.
Please note that there is a minimum deposit of 0.002 Bitcoin. Your account will not be credited should the amount deposited be less than 0.002 Bitcoin. You will also lose any crypto should you attempt to deposit an altcoin into your Bitcoin wallet.
Once you have funded your Currency.com account you are then ready to trade. There are limitations, however, until the verification process is complete.
Fees and Charges
Currency.com is very transparent about fees and provides a detailed breakdown of all fees associated with the platform.
Platform fees are summarized in the table shown below and can also be located here:
Fees for Deposits and Withdrawals are summarised as follows:
For deposits and withdrawals in US Dollars (“USD”):
For Deposits and Withdrawals in EUR:
Russian Rubles (“RUB”):
For the British Pound (“GBP”):
For Belarusian Rubles (“BYN”):
And for Cryptos:
Additionally, it is worth noting the following:
- Currency.com uses a Russian payment service provider. Transactions using bank cards are executed with an exchange to Russian Rubles, which means the final sum may differ.
- If funds are withdrawn to an offshore resident client and an account in an offshore bank, an additional 15% offshore fee is charged. An offshore resident is a non-resident of the Republic of Belarus, registered in an offshore jurisdiction.
- The minimum deposit amounts for cryptos are as follows: 0.002 BTC, 0.1 ETH, 0.05 BCH, or 0.2 LTC.
Privacy and Security
Currency.com delivers provides a high-level security environment to protect investor assets and the platform.
2-Factor Authentication (2FA): 2FA is turned on by default during the registration process. Currency.com encourages users to have 2FA enabled to increase the level of security. You can find this under Settings, as shown below.
Encryption: The platform encrypts all chats and emails with the Currency.com support team using industry-standard HTTPS over public networks.
Data Protection: Currency.com makes a great effort to ensure client data remains safe and secure. See the Additional Information section for details.
<h2=”Supported”>Supported Cryptocurrencies and Tokenized Assets
Currency.com supports the trading the following cryptos:
Bitcoin (“BTC”), Bitcoin Cash (“BCH”), Ethereum (“ETH”), Litecoin (“LTC), Ripple’s XRP (“XRP”), and Tether (“USDT).
With Currency.com providing more than 1,500 tokenized assets and cryptos to trade, there is a search option on the main page to find the asset that you wish to trade.
Simply enter the ticker or name or, in the case of fiat money or cryptos, the pairing that you wish to trade. You will then see the pairing at the top of the page, as shown below: (For demonstrative purposes, BTC/EUR is selected)
The platform also provides a number of categories for investors to also choose from. These include most traded, favorites (as chosen by the user), new; top risers, top fallers, and most volatile. The categories are located under the search function on the trade page. By scrolling down, there is also a breakdown by asset class. These include crypto, shares (Broken down by geography); indices; and ETFs.
Currency.com has a dedicated page availing existing crypto and fiat money compatible wallets to facilitate the deposit, withdrawal, and storing of assets.
Wallets are available for fiat currencies that include the Belarusian Ruble, EURO, Pound Sterling, Russian Ruble, and U.S Dollar.
Crypto wallets include Bitcoin (“BTC”), Bitcoin Cash (“BCH”), Ethereum (“ETH”), Litecoin (“LTC”), Ripple (“XRP”), and Tether (“USDT”).
Simply click the Wallet’s icon at the top of your screen to gain access to your wallets, as shown below.
Within the Wallets page, users are given an estimated total balance in Bitcoin equivalent, and there is a search functionality. The page also provides an available balance, reserved, and value for each wallet, as per below.
Investors and traders can deposit and withdraw cryptos and fiat money with ease to support both trading and investment activity.
We recommend that you hold any idle cryptos purchased for investment purposes or longer-term trading in private wallets.
Currency.com provides numerous customer support options.
Users can reach out for support via Facebook, Livechat, Telegram, Viber, and Whatsapp.
There is a Support section on the Currency.com platform that provides access to an array of information to address queries. For those looking for immediate support, Currency.com offers a “chat to us” link that allows users to chat directly with the Currency.com support team.
Finally, users can also email and call the support team.
Simply go to the Support page and click the Message icon as shown below.
Social Media: Currency.com has a strong social media presence.
Google Plus – This is no Google Plus page.
The Affiliate Program
Currency.com also provides an attractive affiliate program. Affiliates receive 50% of trading commissions paid by their clients in the first 6-months. Additionally, they can also receive 10% of sub-affiliate commission.
Affiliates also receive a 12% discount on trading commissions. For more information please visit: https://exchange.currency.com/affiliate-programme
Contests and Commissions
Currency.com has a number of offerings whereby users are able to earn free crypto coins. These include Bulls Race and Commissions from Friends
These are advertising campaigns that are launched by Currency.com, with each campaign running for a specified period of time.
- Bull’s Run: Points are allocated to participants based on trading commissions paid by a participant and by a participant’s friend under the referral scheme.
- Commission from Friends: Finally, Currency.com also offers 50% of all trading commissions user referees pay for the first 6-months of trading. The referral link can be found in the contests page, under ‘Commissions from Friends.’
The Currency.com platform provides investors and traders with interactive charts to support trading and investment activity
Investors and traders have an array of indicators and drawing tools on offer, as well as chart types, price types, and intervals. Users also have the option to include “Layers” that shows trades and orders.
Indicators are split into the following categories to choose from: Popular; Oscillator; Trend; Volatility; Volume; and Other.
As an interactive chart, investors and traders are also able to make buy and sell orders directly from the chart.
On the left-hand side, there is an added feature under charts, where users are able to have quick access to previously saved charts.
In order to include the chart of a particular pairing or asset class, simply click “Add to Charts”. All indicators and other drawings are retained and this removes the need to search for a pairing and to recreate the chart at a future time.
You can then select the chart you wish to view from the options at the top of the Charts page as shown below:
Balances and Trading History
The platform also provides traders and investors with a history of transactions and activity and a snapshot of open trades and orders made.
In order to view your transaction and activity history, simply select the “Reports” from the index located on the left-hand side of the platform.
You can then narrow down the content of the report by type, status, and by time period.
In order to view your portfolio, simply select “Portfolio” from the index on the left-hand-side:
Here you are able to show the portfolio by Trades or by Orders.
Do also note that, at the top of your screen, you are also provided with your available balance; equity; funds; P&L; and Reserved amount in U.S Dollars. You also have the option to change from U.S Dollars to Bitcoin (“BTC”) or Ethereum (“ETH”) from the dropdown menu at the top of the page.
Some of the more frequently asked questions available on Currency.com include:
Yes, most of our clients have an opportunity to conduct a deposit (up to 1000 EUR in equivalent) and trade up to 15 days without full verification to be held.
Please note that the Belarusian residents should have their accounts verified prior to depositing funds and start trading.
- ETF 1:20;
- Indices 1:100;
- Commodities 1:200;
- Shares 1:20;
- Cryptos 1;100 for major crypto pairs and 1:20 for others (1:50 and 1:100 leverage requires a guaranteed stop loss);
- FX 1:500.
- For ETH/USD, BTC/USD, ETH/EUR, and BTC/EUR you can set a 1:50, 1:100 leverage only with a guaranteed stop-loss embedded.
We have taken extreme care to ensure that all of our clients’ data remains safe and secure. The Currency.com crypto platform is a trustworthy place to store your crypto assets and make them work.
- We have developed a robust technical infrastructure to prevent fraudulent activity and to keep both your personal data and money safe. We use encryption to protect personal data of our customers, as required by the European GDPR.
- We offer top-notch user-account security, the strongest 2FA verifications, activity logging and the whitelisting of IP addresses and devices. Your payments and withdrawals are effectively protected.
- Equipped with an advanced coin-tracking platform we verify all transactions that take place on the blockchain. We guarantee the highest level of security for clients’ accounts, payments and assets.
- Our servers are hosted by the world’s foremost professional server host, UK-based LD4 Equinix, used by many of the world’s leading exchanges including the Dow Jones and Nasdaq.
No, Currency.com is entirely transparent about its charges. All charges and fees can be found here.
Nevertheless, we kindly ask you to note that some extra commissions may be charged by your bank.
Currency.com is a one-stop-shop exchange that provides investors and traders with access to more than 1,500 tokenized assets, fiat money, and cryptos.
The platform is very user friendly supporting both the seasoned and more novice investor.
Coupled with professional charts, leverage, and competitive fees, Currency.com is a platform for investors and traders looking for speed of execution and emphasis on security in a regulated environment.
With its global reach and speed of execution, the platform also provides investors with a liquid environment. This is important for the trading of more volatile asset classes.
As the team looks to ramp up the number of tokenized assets and cryptos to more than 10,000, Currency.com is an attractive option for traders and investors.