- Name: Bob Mason
- An author with FX Empire since December 2016
Education And Work
- School(s) Attended: BSc Chemistry / Biology Oxford Brooke’s University, Oxford, England
- Job Title: Financial Consultant
- Company / Organization: VersatileQ
- Former Jobs: Research Analyst, IdealFX (S) Pte Ltd, Senhouse Asia, Family Offices
- Investing Style: Trader/Analyst
- Area of Expertise: Energy, FX, Equities, Cryptocurrencies, Credit
- Favorite instruments: Cryptocurrencies, FX, Equities
Bob Mason has over 28 years of experience in the finance industry spanning across Europe and Asia. He has held management positions within global rating agencies and multinational banks. He is also the co-founder of VersatileQ – a boutique research and advisory firm primarily focusing on Asia.
Having managed regional teams across Europe and Asia and focusing on analytics across both corporate and financial institutions, Bob Mason’s experience includes building index products for investment banks and, within multinational banks, risk management, and analytics, considering key risk drivers including FX, geopolitical, credit as well as macro across a wide range of sectors, in structuring and negotiating derivative and term loan products.
He has written extensively for a broader audience, and his current focus is on developments relating to the financial markets, including currencies, commodities, alternative asset classes, and global equities.
With VersatileQ, clients include family office, asset managers, and brokerages for whom VersatileQ provides outsourced research.