- Name: Simon Watkins.
- Author with FX Empire since March 2022.
- Certification: BA (Hons) and MA (Hons) Oxford University.
- Job Title: Financial Journalist, Author, and Trader.
- Company/Organization: Self-Employed.
- Published on: The Financial Times, Euromoney, FX-MM, FT Capital Markets Insight Magazine, OilPrice.com, NewsBase, Petroleum Economist, FTSE Global Markets, Middle East Oil & Gas Monitor and many more.
- Investing Style: Broad range of strategies, depending on which market and when.
- Area of Expertise: FX, Oil, Equities.
- Favorite instruments: Depends on which market and when.
Simon Watkins is a former senior FX trader and salesman, financial journalist, and best-selling author. He was Head of Forex Institutional Sales and Trading for Credit Lyonnais, and later Director of Forex at Bank of Montreal. He was then Head of Weekly Publications and Chief Writer for Business Monitor International, Head of Fuel Oil Products for Platts, and Global Managing Editor of Research for Renaissance Capital in Moscow.
He has written extensively on oil and gas, Forex, equities, bonds, economics and geopolitics for many leading publications, including The Financial Times, Euromoney, FX-MM, Petroleum Economist, FTSE Global Markets, and NewsBase, and has worked as a geopolitical risk consultant for a number of major hedge funds in London, Moscow, and Dubai. In addition, he has written seven books on finance, oil, and financial markets trading published by ADVFN and available on Amazon, Apple, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, and Blackwells, among others.