- Name: Marc Chandler
- An author with FX Empire since April 2020
Education And Work Information
- The University of Pittsburgh – Masters in Public and International Affairs, International Political Economy.
- The Northern Illinois University – Masters in American History.
- North Central College – B.A in Political Science & Humanities.
- Job Title: Political Economist.
- Company/Organization: Marc to Market.
- Published on: Business Insider, SeekingAlpha, Financial Sense, Investing.com and many more.
Marc Chandler has been covering the global capital markets for more than 30 years, including stints as the global head of currency strategy for both HSBC and Brown Brothers Harriman. Chandler recently joined Bannockburn Global Forex as a Managing Director and Chief Market Strategist in 2018.
A prolific writer and speaker, Chandler appears regularly in the financial media. He is often quoted in the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, Bloomberg, and the Washington Post, among others. Marc also provides his insights and commentary on the markets on the most widely watched financial news channels, including CNBC, Bloomberg TV, CNN, and Fox Business.
Marc’s first book, Making Sense of the Dollar, was published by Bloomberg Press in 2009 and received a Bronze Award from Independent Publishers. Chandler’s second book, Political Economy of Tomorrow, was published in February 2017.
Chandler is also an honorary fellow of the Foreign Policy Association and has been named a Business Visionary by Forbes.
Currently, Chandler teaches at New York University Center for Global Affairs, where he is an associate professor. He is also an honorary visiting professor at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia.
Though a Chicago native, and lifelong Cubs fan, Chandler currently resides in New York City with his wife, Jeannine, and son, Nathan.