PAYMIUM Review 2019
Paymium refers to itself as the Bitcoin bank, allowing users to trade, buy and sell Bitcoin while also providing these users with a secure wallet system to store their Bitcoin. Paymium commenced its Bitcoin trading and exchange business in 2011. At that time, the exchange business was firmly in the hands of Mt.Gox. But as this company collapsed, a more decentralized Bitcoin exchange business model emerged and allowed companies such as Paymium to grow.
- Supported Countries
- Cryptocurrencies Traded
- Deposit and Withdrawal Options
- Fees and Charges
- Privacy and Security Measures
- Customer Support
- Pros and Cons
Headquartered in Paris, Paymium’s primary target market is the European market. The Bitcoin exchange service offered by Paymium is currently being used tens of thousands of European customers. Services offered by Paymium include:
- Bitcoin exchange services
- Merchant solutions for Bitcoin-based e-commerce payments.
- Bitcoin trading
Paymium’s services are also available by the use of a mobile app, allowing users to continue to enjoy the full benefits of the platform while they are on the go.
Paymium’s services are Euro-denominated and are available to all countries of Europe and a few others. Accepted countries include:
Australia / Austria / Belgium / Brazil / Bulgaria / Canada / Croatia / Cyprus / Czech Republic / Denmark / Estonia / Finland / France / French Guiana / French Polynesia / Germany / Greece / Guadeloupe / Hong Kong / Hungary / Iceland / India / Ireland / Italy / Japan / Korea (South) / Latvia / Liechtenstein / Lithuania / Luxembourg / Malta / Martinique / Mayotte / Mexico / Netherlands / New Caledonia / Norway / Poland / Portugal / Réunion / Romania / Saint Barthélemy / Saint Martin (French part) / Saint Pierre and Miquelon / Singapore / Slovakia / Slovenia / South Africa / Spain / Sweden / Switzerland / United Kingdom / United States / Wallis and Futuna.
However, a number of countries cannot use Paymium’s services either for regulatory reasons or due to financial blacklisting. These countries include Afghanistan, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cuba, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, North Korea, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Sudan, Syria.
US Traders Accepted: Yes or No?
US-based traders are unable to use Paymium due to the regulatory restrictions that prohibit US citizens from trading non-US assets with online brokerages, or brokerages that do not have a CFTC license.
Being a company that serves a European market, the only cryptocurrency traded or exchanged on Paymium is Bitcoin, done in a pairing with the Euro. Therefore, all exchange business and online trading are done between the Euro and Bitcoin. Trade the BTC/EUR pair as a CFD asset on the advanced trading web interface of Paymium.
Deposit and Withdrawal Options
Several options can be used for deposits and withdrawals on Paymium. Each option comes with deposit and withdrawal limits and also with fees, which will be highlighted below. To deposit or withdraw funds on Paymium, use the following channels:
- Credit/Debit cards issued by MasterCard and VISA.
- European wire transfer system (SEPA).
- Cryptocurrency payments in Bitcoin. Unlike the wire transfer or card methods, Bitcoin transfers to other accounts or exchanges are permitted.
Fees and Charges
Two types of fees are charged on Paymium. These are as follows:
- Fees on deposit/withdrawal transactions
- Fees on exchange/trading transactions.
The fee schedule is listed below:
- Bank Card: Deposit and withdrawal fees are pegged at 8% of transaction amount.
- Bank wires: Incoming SEPA Euro wires are free, but outgoing SEPA Euro wires are charged at 0.99 Euros.
- Bitcoin: Incoming and outgoing Bitcoin transfers are free. Any network commission paid for confirmation of transfers is paid for by Paymium. This makes Bitcoin the only deposit/withdrawal method that does not attract any cost to the user whatsoever.
- Trading: A standard trading fee of 0.59% of the order amount is applied to “executed” orders. Partial executions are charged only to the portion of the order that was executed.
Privacy and Security Measures
As a provider of exchange services which demand that users keep their Bitcoin in wallets provided by Paymium, there is a responsibility placed on Paymium to implement cybersecurity measures to protect user accounts from being hacked and coins stolen. The following measures have been put in place by Paymium to protect its marketplace:
- Two-Factor Authentication is available using Yubikey and Google Authenticator.
- SSL certificate with encryption of user data.
- Hot and Cold storage for Bitcoin funds.
- Internal AML/KYC policy and procedures.
- Password support for complex passwords with special characters.
Customer support is available in French and English to users and prospects of Paymium during regular business hours. The following channels exist for accessing customer support:
- Online support ticket
- General inquiries and support issues via email: email@example.com
- Login issues: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social media (Twitter and Facebook using facebook.com/paymium and twitter.com/paymium).
Pros and Cons
- Transaction fees for fiat currency based methods are low.
- Bitcoin transactions attract no cost to the user.
- A cold wallet is in place for the transfer of funds from exchange-exposed hot wallets.
- US clients are accepted.
- Only one cryptocurrency pair can be traded, which is quite restrictive.
- Customer support is only available in 2 languages, which underserves the European community that uses this site.
Where is Paymium located?
Paymium’s headquarters is located in Paris, France.
How long does it take to verify my Paymium account?
Presently, it takes 1-2 weeks.
How long does it take to process a wire deposit to Paymium?
It takes 2 business days on the average.
Do any limits exist on the amount of Bitcoin that can be deposited or withdrawn from accounts?
No limits presently exist.
Paymium is a legit company and brings cryptocurrency trading to the European market. It also operates within the ambit of European laws. These two pre-conditions permit the safe trading of Bitcoin by European traders and save them the hassle of dealing with the popular but generally problematic Asian exchanges.
- 5.0Great exchange with awesome featuresIsrael
- 5.0Great exchange!Ghali
- 5.0Nice improvementsDennis
- Cape Verde
- Sri Lanka
- United Kingdom
- Solomon Islands
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Burkina Faso
- Russian Federation
- Saint Lucia
- South Sudan
- Virgin Islands, British
- South Korea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Vatican City
- Papua New Guinea
- Cote d'Ivoire
- Dominican Republic
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Sierra Leone
- Saudi Arabia
- Cayman Islands
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Czech Republic
- United Arab Emirates
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Central African Republic
- San Marino
- Isle of Man
- South Africa
- El Salvador
- Costa Rica