- ReutersEuropean Soccer Club Shares Jump After Super League Announcement
MILAN (Reuters) – Shares in Italian soccer club Juventus and England’s Manchester United jumped on Monday after they and ten other top European clubs launched a breakaway Super League.
- ReutersBritish Midcaps Hit Record High; Equiniti Group Shines
(Reuters) -British shares rose on Monday, with midcaps hitting a record high, as gains in industrials and consumer discretionary stocks underpinned the market, while shares of Equiniti Group jumped on a non-binding acquisition proposal.
- Bob MasonEuropean Equities: A Quiet Day Ahead Leaves Geopolitics and COVID-19 in Focus
After a bullish week last week, the focus will shift to COVID-19, vaccine updates, and geopolitics, with no major stats to consider on the day ahead.
- Bob MasonThe Week Ahead – Economic Data, Monetary Policy, and Geopolitics in Focus
It’s a busy week ahead, with economic data, corporate earnings, and monetary policy in focus. Geopolitics and COVID-19 news will also influence in the week.
- Bob MasonU.S Mortgage Rates Fall for a Second Consecutive Week
Mortgage rates fall for a second consecutive week but fail to boost purchase demand, with inventories and rising prices leaving home buyers on the sidelines.
- Bob MasonEuropean Equities: A Week in Review – 16/04/21
It was a busy week for the European majors. Economic data and corporate earnings delivered support. COVID-19 vaccine news and geopolitics were a drag, however.
- Bob MasonThe Weekly Wrap – Economic Data, COVID-19 Vaccine News, and Geopolitics Were in Focus
A particularly busy economic calendar, COVID-19 vaccine news, and geopolitics provided direction in the week. Corporate earnings also drew attention…
- James HyerczykAsia-Pacific Stocks: Underpinned by Upbeat US data; China’s First Quarter GDP Slightly Misses Estimates
Australian shares closed near 14-month highs as upbeat economic data from the US and China supported hopes of a global economic recovery.
- Bob MasonEuropean Equities: Economic Data, Corporate Earnings, and Geopolitics in Focus
Economic data from China will set the tone later this morning, with U.S stats, corporate earnings, and geopolitics in focus later today.
- Bob MasonEUR Finds Support after Finalized Member State Inflation Figures
Finalized inflation figures from Germany, France, and Italy provide EUR support as the numbers affirm a pickup in inflationary pressures. Economic data from the U.S up next.
- Bob MasonEuropean Equities: Corporate Earnings and Economic Data from the U.S in Focus
With stats from the Eurozone limited to finalized inflation figures, economic data from the U.S and corporate earnings will be in focus today.
- James HyerczykVolatile Wall Street Tech Trade Expected to Drag Asia-Pacific Shares Lower on Opening
Ahead of the Asia-Pacific opening, key global stock indexes scaled new peaks after upbeat U.S. and European earnings pointed to a strong recovery.
- Bob MasonAn Anticipated Fall in Eurozone Industrial Production Weighs on the EUR
Industrial production figures from the Eurozone lead to a pullback but not enough to give up early gains. Next up, ECB President Lagarde…
- Bob MasonEuropean Equities: Economic Data, ECB President Lagarde, and Corporate Earnings in Focus
Economic data from the Eurozone and ECB President Lagarde will influence today, with corporate earnings from the U.S also in focus.
- Vladimir ZernovStocks Mixed After Inflation Exceeds Analyst Expectations
Problems of Johnson & Johnson’s coronavirus vaccine and disappointing economic sentiment reports from Europe may serve as bearish catalysts today.
- James HyerczykUS Stock Index Futures Turn Lower after FDA Recommends Pausing J&J Covid Vaccine
Investors are also waiting for a highly anticipated inflation report set for release before Tuesday’s opening bell on Wall Street.