- S&P 500:3,246.59+9.6700+0.30%
- European Equities: A Quiet Economic Calendar Leaves Geopolitics and COVID-19 in Focus
A quiet day on the Eurozone economic calendar leaves geopolitics and COVID-19 news updates to provide direction early in the day.
- US Stocks Tumble from Extremes as Investors Search for Sweet Spot that Represents Value
The major U.S. stock indexes finished lower on Wednesday after fresh economic data revealed a cooling of U.S. business activity and the stalemate in Congress over more stimulus elevated concerns about the strength of the economy while the number of global coronavirus cases continued to rise.In the cash market on
- European Equities: Economic Data, COVID-19 News, and Geopolitics in Focus
Futures point to the red for the European majors. Economic data from Germany and the U.S, geopolitics, and COVID-19 will influence later today.
- Demographics Squeeze Advanced Economies’ Long-Term Growth Potential; Big Test for Italy & Japan
Demographics and labour-market inclusion are increasingly important determinants of growth in advanced economies where productivity is in structural decline, but the impact is highly uneven. Italy and Japan are particularly vulnerable to below-par growth.
- U.S. Stocks Set To Open Higher As Nike Smashes Earnings Estimates
S&P 500 futures are gaining ground in premarket trading as traders are encouraged by better-than-expected earnings report from Nike.
- European Equities: Private Sector PMIs , Powell, and COVID-19 in Focus
After a mixed Tuesday, September’s private sector PMIs, COVID-19 updates, and FED Chair Powell will influence on the day.
- U.S. Stocks Mixed As Traders Evaluate Their Next Moves After Yesterday’s Sell-Off
S&P 500 futures are swinging between gains and losses in premarket trading as traders wait for additional catalysts.
- Asia Pacific Shares Fall as Investors Shun Riskier Assets on Rising COVID-19 Concerns
China stocks closed lower on Tuesday as material and transport firms dropped following worries about a surge in global cases of the novel coronavirus.
- Brexit and COVID-19 – The Pound Sits in the Hands of Parliament…
It’s all eyes on the UK’s Parliament and the Pound today. A government statement on COVID-19 proceeds the MP debate on the Internal Market Bill…
- Fed News: Bullard’s Hawkish View on Strength of Recovery Contrasts With Powell’s Dovish Outlook
Bullard’s view contrasts with Fed Chair Jerome Powell, who has urged additional fiscal aid and sometimes put the message in dire terms.
- US Stock Market: Declines Were Led by Value-Oriented Sectors as Opposed to Technology Stocks
Airline, hotel and cruise companies tracked declines in their European peers as Britain signaled the possibility of a second national lockdown.
- European Equities: The Futures Point Northwards after Monday’s COVID-19 Sell-off
It’s another relatively quiet day on the economic calendar. While the futures point towards a bullish start, COVID-19, Powell, and geopolitics could weigh.
- U.S. Stocks Set To Open Lower On Worries About The Second Wave Of COVID-19
S&P 500 futures are losing ground in premarket trading as traders fear that the surge of coronavirus in Europe may lead to new lockdowns.
- Asia-Pacific Markets Rocked by Plunge in Hong Kong Bank Stocks, Rising Global Virus Fears
China stocks ended lower on Monday, dragged by consumer staples and financial stocks after the central bank left its benchmark lending rate unchanged.
- European Equities: Futures Point Lower, with COVID-19 and Geopolitics in Focus
There are no stats due out of the Eurozone or the U.S to influence. That leaves COVID-19 news, geopolitics in focus, and ECB President Lagarde in focus.
- The Week Ahead – Private Sector PMIs, Powell, Geopolitics, and COVID-19 in Focus
While economic data is on the lighter side, there is still plenty to influence the markets, PMIs, Powell, geopolitics, and COVID-19 will drive the markets.
- U.S Mortgage Rates Hold Steady thanks to the Dovish FED
After holding steady last week, a quiet economic calendar will give geopolitics and COVID-19 news updates a greater influence on yields.
Trade With A Regulated Broker
- Your capital is at risk