- Bob MasonEconomic Data from the U.S Puts the U.S Dollar Back in the Spotlight…
Economic data from the U.S is back in the spotlight today. Following a jump in inflationary pressures, retail sales will be the main area of focus later today.
- ReutersSterling Holds Above $1.40 as Investors Stick with Bullish Bets
LONDON (Reuters) -The British pound slipped on Thursday but held close to recent highs, withstanding a wider selloff that has knocked risk currencies this week.
- Bob MasonWholesale Inflation and Jobless Claims from the U.S Puts the Dollar Back in Focus
Economic data from the U.S will be back in the spotlight later today. On the monetary policy front, any policy chatter from the Bank of England will also need monitoring.
- Bob MasonEconomic Data Puts the Pound and the Greenback in Focus
It’s a busier day ahead on the economic calendar. Economic data from the UK will draw plenty of interest, with U.S inflation figures due out later in the day also a key driver.
- Bob MasonEconomic Data Puts the EUR and the Dollar in Spotlight, with BoE Governor Bailey also in Focus
It’s a relatively quiet day ahead on the economic calendar. Key stats from the Eurozone and the U.S will draw interest. For the Pound, BoE Governor Bailey could influence late in the day…
- ReutersSterling Surges Above $1.41, Helped by Scotland Relief and Dollar Weakness
LONDON (Reuters) – The pound climbed to as high as $1.4158 on Monday, its strongest in more than two months, fuelled by a combination of dollar weakness, improved economic forecasts, lockdown easing measures, and market relief about the outcome of the Scottish election.
- ReutersEU Recovery Fund Success Could The Pave Way for a Repeat: EU Commission
BRUSSELS (Reuters) – The European Union’s huge post-pandemic recovery fund could become a more permanent feature if it is successful in firing up growth and fostering a greener and more digital economy, the European Commission’s top economic officials said on Monday.
- ReutersDollar Licks Wounds After Payrolls Shock, Focus Turns to Inflation
TOKYO (Reuters) – The dollar sank to a more than two-month low versus major peers on Monday after a disappointing U.S. employment report prompted investors to temper expectations for higher interest rates, with focus now shifting to inflation data this week.
- Bob MasonA Quiet Economic Calendar Leaves Eurozone Stats and FOMC Member Chatter in Focus
It’s a quiet day ahead on the economic calendar. With stats limited to investor confidence figures from the Eurozone, FOMC member chatter will also draw interest.
- Bob MasonU.S Nonfarm Payrolls Puts the Dollar Back in the Spotlight
It’s a busy day ahead. Economic data from China, Germany, and Canada will be in focus. Nonfarm payrolls from the U.S will be the key stat of the day, however.
- Bob MasonEconomic Data and Monetary Policy in Focus, with the Bank of England in the Spotlight
Economic data from the Eurozone and the U.S will be in focus today. On the monetary policy front, the BoE will deliver direction for the Pound.
- ReutersDollar Hits Highest in Over Two Weeks in Wake of Rates Chatter
LONDON (Reuters) – The dollar hit its highest in over two weeks on Wednesday, extending a rally as chatter about the possibility of higher U.S. interest rates and a sell-off in tech stocks soured risk sentiment to the benefit of the safe-haven currency.
- ReutersIndia Central Bank Gives Small Borrowers Debt Relief as COVID-19 Cases Spike
MUMBAI (Reuters) -India’s central bank unveiled measures to help lenders tide over mounting bad loans, also providing relief to individual borrowers by including one-time debt restructuring for loans, as COVID-19 infections in the country trigger strict lockdowns in several states.
- Bob MasonEconomic Data Puts the EUR, Pound, and Dollar in the Spotlight
It’s a busier day ahead on the economic calendar. Service sector PMIs from the Eurozone, the UK, and the U.S will be in focus. From the U.S, ADMP nonfarm figures will also draw interest.
- ReutersAustralia Central Bank Keeps Rates Near Zero as Economy Picks up Speed
SYDNEY (Reuters) – Australia’s central bank left its key rates at near zero for a fifth straight meeting on Tuesday and pledged to keep policy super loose for a prolonged period even as the economy recovers at a rapid pace from the COVID-19-led downturn.
- ReutersDollar Finds Footing as Looming Data Pose Test for Policymakers
SINGAPORE (Reuters) – The dollar drifted higher in the Asia session on Tuesday, pausing a monthlong decline as investors weigh whether a roaring U.S. economic recovery may force interest rates higher and are looking to upcoming economic data and policy speeches for clues.
- Bob MasonEconomic Data Puts the Loonie and the Greenback in Focus
With no major stats from the Eurozone to consider, economic data from Canada and the U.S will be in focus later today. Manufacturing PMI numbers from the UK also need considering.
- ReutersECB Can Start Phasing Out Emergency Stimulus when Vaccinations Pick Up – de Guindos
FRANKFURT (Reuters) – The European Central Bank can start to phase out emergency stimulus measures when the pace of coronavirus vaccinations reaches a critical level and the economy picks up speed, Luis de Guindos, the bank’s vice president, told an Italian newspaper.
- Bob MasonA Busy Economic Calendar Puts the EUR and the Dollar in Focus
Manufacturing PMI figures from the Eurozone and the U.S will draw interest today. FED Chair Powell will also be in focus late in the day…