- Bob MasonNonfarm Payrolls Puts the U.S Dollar in Focus…
It’s a quiet day ahead with most of the major markets closed for the day. U.S nonfarm payroll figures will interrupt the silence later today, however.
- ReutersEurope Should Match U.S.’s Economic Stimulus Ambition
GENEVA (Reuters) – Europe should match the ambition shown by the United States with its huge new economic stimulus, French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said on Thursday.
- ReutersSterling Eases After Strongest Q1 Versus Euro Since 2015
LONDON (Reuters) – The pound eased against the euro on Thursday, taking a breather after its strongest first quarter since 2015, while market participants were bullish that there would be further gains for the pound in the months ahead.
- ReutersLondon Stocks Rise on Optimism Over Swift Economic Recovery
(Reuters) – British shares tracked gains in Asian peers on Thursday, lifted by hopes of a swifter economic rebound this year, while Quilter rose after agreeing to sell its international business to Utmost Group.
- ReutersIn Squeezed Euro Debt Sales, Governments Curb Inflated Hedge Fund Demand
(Reuters) – The ECB’s massive bond-buying programme has fuelled a bonanza in euro zone sovereign debt, with some investors vastly overstating their orders at debt sales in a bid to secure the coveted paper. But now some governments are starting to say, enough is enough.
- Bob MasonA Busy Economic Calendar Puts the EUR and the Greenback Back in Focus
It’s a busy day ahead on the economic calendar. Private sector PMIs, German retail sales, and U.S jobless claims will be key stats to consider…
- ReutersUK House Price Rise Slows Down in March, Nationwide Says
LONDON (Reuters) – British house price growth slowed down this month with prices rising by 5.7% compared with March 2020, mortgage lender Nationwide said on Wednesday.
- Bob MasonA Busy Economic Calendar Puts the EUR, the Loonie, and the U.S Dollar in Focus
After a busy early part of the day, economic data from the Eurozone, Canada, and the U.S will draw interest later today. COVID-19 will also remain an area of focus.
- Bob MasonEconomic Data Puts the EUR and the U.S Dollar in the Spotlight
It’s a relatively quiet day ahead on the economic calendar. German inflation and U.S consumer confidence figures will draw attention, however.
- Bob MasonA Quiet Day on the Economic Calendar Leaves Geopolitics and COVID-19 in Focus
It’s a quiet day on the economic calendar. A lack of stats leaves the majors in the hands of COVID-19 updates from the EU and geopolitics.
- Bob MasonThe Week Ahead – Economic Data, COVID-19, and China in Focus
It’s a busy week ahead. While economic data will draw plenty of attention, rising tensions with China and COVID-19 news from the Eurozone will also be in focus.
- Bob MasonThe Weekly Wrap – Economic Data, COVID-19, and the Dollar Rebound
The Dollar was on the move in the week. While the outlook towards the U.S economy brightened, COVID-19 blurred the road ahead for the Eurozone.
- Bob MasonEconomic Data Puts the EUR, the Pound, and the U.S Dollar in the Spotlight
It’s a busy day ahead on the economic calendar. Stats will put the EUR, the Pound, and the U.S Dollar in focus today. COVID-19 news will need tracking, however.
- Bob MasonEconomic Data and the ECB Puts the EUR in the Spotlight, with the Dollar also in Focus
After a quiet Asian session from a data perspective, stats from the Eurozone and the U.S and central bank chatter will draw interest later today.
- ReutersDollar Edges Higher as Treasury Yields Inch Up
NEW YORK (Reuters) – The dollar edged higher on Wednesday, helped by U.S. Treasury yields recovering from one-week lows and as concerns about the economic impact of COVID-19 lingering in Europe led investors to show a preference for the U.S. currency.
- Dennis ShenTurkey: Persistent Challenges in Monetary Governance Increase Risk to Macroeconomic Stability
The dismissal of central bank governor Naci Ağbal worsens the crisis of confidence in Turkey’s monetary policy, further undermining macroeconomic stability. This is credit negative for Turkey’s B/Negative sovereign ratings.
- Bob MasonPrivate Sector PMIs Put the GBP, the EUR, and the Greenback in Focus
It’s a busy day ahead on the economic calendar. Private sector PMIs from the UK, the Eurozone, and the U.S will be in focus along with Eurozone consumer confidence,
- Bob MasonEconomic Data Puts the Pound in Spotlight, with FED Chair Powell Testimony also in Focus
Economic data from the UK will provide the Pound with direction, while FED Chair Powell testimony will influence late in the day.
- ReutersBrazil’s 2021, 2022 Interest Rate Outlooks Shoot Higher after Cenbank Move: Survey
BRASILIA (Reuters) – Brazil’s interest rate outlook for this year and next shot up by half a percentage point, a central bank survey of economists published on Monday showed, following last week’s historic rate hike to combat rising inflation.
- ReutersDollar Dominates as Hedge Funds Cut Shorts on Treasury Yield Rise
LONDON (Reuters) – The U.S. dollar held near a four-month high on Monday as rising U.S. Treasury yields fuelled demand for the greenback and prompted hedge funds to cut bearish positions.