- Bob MasonA Quiet Day on the Economic Calendar Leaves Central Bank Chatter and COVID-19 in Focus
It’s a quiet day on the economic calendar. FED Chair Powell is due to speak later in the day, however, which will draw some attention.
- ReutersTurkey’s New Central Bank Chief to Meet Bankers as Lira Teeters
ISTANBUL (Reuters) – Turkey’s new central bank chief will hold a call with bank CEOs on Sunday afternoon, a day after he was appointed in a shock leadership overhaul that left investors predicting quick rate cuts and a lira selloff, two sources told Reuters.
- James HyerczykJump in Yields Pressure Aussie, Kiwi While BOJ Decision Underpins Yen
While another surge in Treasury yields dominated the trade, central bank activity in the US, Australia and Japan also had a say in the price action.
- Bob MasonEconomic Data Puts the EUR and the Loonie in Focus
It’s a quiet day ahead on the economic calendar. Wholesale inflation figures from Germany and retail sales figures from Canada are key stats for the day ahead.
- ReutersSterling Slips as BoE Says Recovery Outlook Still Unclear
LONDON(Reuters) – Sterling fell against the dollar and cut some of its earlier gains versus the euro on Thursday as the Bank of England warned the outlook for Britain’s recovery remained unclear, dampening some speculation the bank would signal a more confident outlook.
- ReutersAnalysis: Market Feels Like ‘Coiled Spring’ After Fed
NEW YORK (Reuters) – Investors are closely watching how fast U.S. Treasury yields may rise after a key U.S. Federal Reserve meeting where the central bank reiterated loose policies that are likely to help boost even more growth and inflation.
- Bob MasonThe Bank of England and the Pound Take Center Stage Today
While economic data from the Eurozone and the U.S will draw interest, the Bank of England’s monetary policy decision is the main event of the day.
- Bob MasonThe FED Monetary Policy Decision and Projections Puts the Dollar in the Spotlight
Inflation figures from Canada and the Eurozone will draw interest ahead of the FED’s monetary policy decision and projections.
- ReutersEToro to Go Public Through $10.4 Billion Merger with Betsy Cohen-Backed SPAC
(Reuters) – EToro, a rival of online brokerage Robinhood, said on Tuesday it had agreed to go public through a merger with a blank-check firm backed by banking entrepreneur Betsy Cohen, valuing the equity of the combined firm at $10.4 billion.
- ReutersBrexit Won’t Mean Lower Capital for Insurers, Says Bank of England
LONDON (Reuters) – A review of rules will not lead to any “radical departure” or a reduction in capital requirements, but it will take time to complete, Bank of England Deputy Governor Sam Woods said on Tuesday.
- Bob MasonEconomic Data Puts the EUR and the Greenback in the Spotlight
Economic sentiment figures and COVID-19 news from the Eurozone will be in focus ahead of retail sales and industrial production figures from the U.S.
- Alvise LennkhUS: Biden’s Stimulus to Raise Growth Prospects, Tackling Economic Disparities at High Fiscal Cost
US: Biden’s Stimulus to Raise Growth Prospects, Tackling Economic Disparities at High Fiscal Cost
- Bob MasonEconomic Data from China Sets the Tone, with the Loonie and Greenback in Focus Later
Economic data from China impresses this morning. A quiet day ahead leaves manufacturing numbers from the U.S and the Greenback in focus.
- Bob MasonA Busy Economic Calendar Puts the Loonie and the Pound in Focus
It’s a busy day ahead on the economic calendar. The EUR, the Pound, the Loonie and the Greenback will all be in action later in the day.
- ReutersSterling Climbs Towards $1.40 as Dollar Pinned Down
LONDON (Reuters) – The pound edged towards $1.40 on Thursday, making slim gains as the dollar weakened and investors remained focused on hopes that Britain’s relatively successful COVID-19 vaccine programme would support its economic recovery.
- Bob MasonThe ECB and U.S Jobless Claims Put the EUR and the Greenback in the Spotlight
It’s a relatively quiet day ahead. The ECB monetary policy decision and press conference will be the main scheduled event of the day.
- Bob MasonU.S Inflation and the BoC Put the Greenback and Loonie in Focus
It’s a relatively quiet day on the economic calendar. The BoC is in action later today, however, with U.S inflation figures likely to also garner plenty of interest.
- Bob MasonEurozone GDP and German Trade Data Puts the EUR Back in Focus
It’s a quiet day ahead on the economic calendar. With no major stats from the U.S to consider, the EUR and German economy will be back in the spotlight.
- Bob MasonA Quiet Economic Calendar Leaves Stats from Germany and the EUR in Focus
Following impressive trade figures from China on the weekend, economic data from Germany will be in focus later today. There are no stats from the U.S to influence.
- Bob MasonU.S Nonfarm Payrolls Puts the Dollar Back in Focus as China’s National People’s Congress Begins
A busy day ahead on the economic calendar puts the EUR, the Loonie, and the U.S Dollar in focus. Early in the day, China Premier Li Keqiang’s speech will draw interest…