Anton Ivanov, CMO of RoboForex, Explains Why You Should Think Twice Before Trading During Periods of Low Liquidity
Following the large amount of questions we received via our Brokers Q&A section, we’ve decided to ask Anton Ivanov, the marketing manager of RoboForex, for more details about the group’s activity.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. The vast majority of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
RoboForex is a group, which includes RoboForex (CY) Ltd, a European regulated broker, and RoboTrade Ltd, an international regulated broker. Both companies serve thousands of clients from all around the world. According to the group’s representatives, clients are provided with the best possible and favorable trading conditions along with good quality service and competitive spreads.
- Can you please explain how did RoboForex start, and which are your dominant markets and customers, demographically speaking?
We started gradually, step by step, and worked mostly with the Eastern Europe at first. Nowadays, RoboForex is growing rapidly and establishing its positions in Asia and the Western Europe.
- Why would a trader trade with RoboForex and not with other brokers?
Thanks to market researches that we do, RoboForex knows what trading conditions are demanded by today’s traders. They are proper spreads, fast and reliable order execution, absence of “hidden” conditions and pitfalls, convenient trading from any mobile device. All of these things are fundamental for us as we maintain them at the highest level.
- To follow up on the previous question, in an industry, which is on the one hand, one of the largest financial industries in the world, and on the other hand, is saturated with Forex brokers, what is the main challenge in establishing a successful FX broker, and how did RoboForex overcame it?
The main challenge, in our opinion, is to prove yourself as a reliable and honest broker. Our activities are as open as possible, and cooperation with us is safe for our clients. Our funds and the clients’ funds are kept on segregated accounts, we cooperate with the largest banks, and follow all requirements of regulators. As a result, our clients are safe from any misunderstandings, which depend on us.
- Under what regulation do you operate?
RoboForex (CY) Ltd is regulated by the CySEC (license No. 191/13) and registered with UK FCA, reference No. 608962. RoboTrade Ltd has an international license of the IFSC.
- What are the best indicators to estimate a possible trend shift?
Unfortunately, there is no unambiguous answer to this question.
- What is your best tip for a starting trader?
Think twice before trading during periods of low liquidity.
- If you have one advice for the average trader to which he can hold on permanently, and which he can use before every trade he makes, what would it be?
Always know your targets.
- From your data, what kind of trading strategies are mostly used by your clients?
This range could be quite wide: from unsystematic to extremely complicated strategies with many variables.
- Where does the trading end and the gambling starts in Forex?
Where a trader chooses a leverage higher than he can handle.
- In my opinion Forex is far from gambling, but taking into account the current U.S. governmental campaign against online gambling, do you think it is possible that the Forex trading (at least through “dealing desks”) will be banned as gambling?
In this question, we prefer to be committed to the principle “The time will tell”.
- What are the benefits of the CopyFX platform that RoboForex is providing?
Our copy trading investment platform for traders is a way to expand trading opportunities in the first place. We provide the platform and the most up-to-date solutions for copy trading – everything else is left to users and their cooperation.
By the way, about investment platforms. Recently we’ve launched a new project in this direction called “RAMM”. The project combines the advantages of copy trading and social trading systems, and uses an innovative system of controlling investors’ risks.