- Name: Dan Blystone
- An author with FX Empire since December 2019
Education and Work
- Education: Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy from the College of Wooster
- Job Title: Senior Market Analyst
- Company/Organization: Scandinavian Capital Markets
- Founder of TradersLog.com
- Contributor to Investopedia, theStreet, FXStreet, ForexFactory
- Senior Market Analyst at Scandinavian Capital Markets
- Investing Style: Technical, Medium Term
- Area of Expertise: Technical Analysis, Price Action
- Favorite Instruments: GBP/JPY, XAU/USD, BTC/USD
Dan Blystone began his career in the trading industry in 1998. He worked as an arb clerk on the floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME), flashing orders into the currency futures pits. From there he went upstairs and did a brief stint working at the interbank desk of ABN AMRO. He went on to trade bond futures off the floor for several proprietary trading firms, including Altea Trading. At Altea, Dan specialized in trading Eurex futures overnight, including the Bund, the Bobl and the Dax.
Dan gained insight into the brokerage side of the industry after obtaining his Series 3 license and working for Infinity Futures in Chicago, where he was a future, futures options, and forex broker.
Fascinated by the reach of the internet, Dan launched TradersLog.com in 2008 with the aim of creating high quality educational material for traders around the world. In the process, he enjoyed working with leading figures in the trading industry such as James Chen and Yohay Elam. Dan also founded the Chicago Traders Group and a popular LinkedIn group for traders.
After a trip to Sweden in early 2019, Dan began working as Senior Market Analyst for Scandinavian Capital Markets.