XCOINS Review 2020
Xcoins is an online secured cryptocurrency loan platform provider, which provides collateralized Bitcoin to those who prefer to pay for them using a credit card. The Xcoins service has been developed to enable users to bypass the problems associated with trying to obtain Bitcoin with a credit card or via PayPal. PayPal and credit card payments are susceptible to chargebacks (i.e. they can be reversed), whereas Bitcoin transactions are irreversible. This constitutes a great drawback for Bitcoin users in the Western world where payment transactions are mostly credit card based. As a result, many of these users cannot access Bitcoin on exchanges.
- Supported Countries
- Cryptocurrencies Traded
- Deposit and Withdrawal Options
- Fees and Charges
- Security Measures
- Customer Support
- Pros and Cons
This is where the Xcoins service comes with a solution. At Xcoins, any registered user may borrow or lend Bitcoin. Xcoins automatically matches those who want to borrow Bitcoin to those who have Bitcoin that they want to lend. Borrowers and lenders have no interaction whatsoever. All that needs to happen is for a borrowing request to be made, and Xcoin automatically matches the request with a lender. There are those who want to make money on their Bitcoin holdings without having to sell them. Lending comes as a viable option.
Once the borrower has been matched to a lender, the borrower pays the lender the agreed sum (+interest) using a credit card on the lender’s PayPal page. Once payment is confirmed, the Bitcoin is transferred from lender’s wallet to borrower’s wallet. Only lenders with sufficient balances of Bitcoin in their wallets are matched to borrowers.
Xcoins tailors its product primarily to the US market as well as countries that use PayPal and credit cards for the majority of cryptocurrency transactions. Therefore, many countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia will find that they will either be unable to use this service or will have no need for it since they typically use other payment methods which work well on Bitcoin exchanges.
US Traders Accepted: Yes or No?
US users are accepted on the Xcoins platform.
The only cryptocurrency that you can buy on XCoins is Bitcoin.
Deposit and Withdrawal Options
Transactions on Xcoins are performed using the following payment channels:
- Credit/debit cards which are issued by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
- US Bank account (ACH)
- PayPal Credit
- PayPal Balance
These are all payment methods which are supported by PayPal. All lenders must have PayPal accounts that are verified. Borrowers must not necessarily have a PayPal account.
Fees and Charges
What are the fees that users can expect to pay on the Xcoins platform?
- Borrowers of Bitcoin pay an interest fee on the loan they collect. This is paid at the same time that the loan security deposit is made using PayPal or the credit card. Interest rates are fixed by lenders and are not tied to the tenor of the loans. Lenders compete with each other, therefore a borrower will most likely be matched with a lender that offers the lowest interest fee.
- The borrower also pays the fees for loan origination and payment processing.
- Any bank transfer fees incurred will also be paid.
Due to the use of Bitcoin wallets by both borrowers and lenders, security protocols must be adopted to protect the wallets of users on the Xcoins site. The following security protocols are used:
- All Xcoins users must sign up for 2-factor authentication. Logins will be confirmed using passcodes sent to the user’s phone by voice call or SMS, or by use of Google Authenticator.
- IP Address Confirmation: Xcoins logs IP addresses of users and if a different computer o browser is used, the user may be asked to provide confirmation using the email that was used in signing up for the Xcoins account.
- KYC: Xcoins maintains a strict Know-Your-Customer policy where all users must verify their identities during account opening.
- AML: Anti-money laundering policies are also in place. Suspicious transactions are noted and logged. These may be reported to law enforcement agencies for investigation.
Users can gain access to the Xcoins support desk using various methods. Some of these are listed below:
- Physical Address: Those living in California and its environs can pay a visit to the company’s offices at 1541 Ocean Ave., Suite 200, Santa Monica, CA, 90401
- Phone: +1-310-589-4556
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is also a live chat facility as well as an online contact form, found on the Contact Us page of the website.
Pros and Cons
- The P2P Bitcoin lending service is an industry first and is becoming very popular.
- The exchange is secured using the latest in industry standard encryption.
- You can now borrow Bitcoin using your credit card, which is an advantage over buying on cryptocurrency exchanges where credit card payments are a real hassle.
- It sometimes takes as many as 40 minutes to receive borrowed Bitcoins.
- The service is not available worldwide.
- There is no cold wallet system on Xcoins.
Where is Xcoins located?
Xcoins’s headquarters is located in Santa Monica, United States.
How can I fund my Xcoins account?
There are many options that can be used to fund an account with Xcoins. Check the article to see which method is available in your region.
Can I use Xcoins as a US citizen?
Xcoins provides services to US citizens.
Is Xcoins Safe to Use?
Xcoins provides a unique service where users can borrow or lend Bitcoin in exchange for fiat currency. Xcoins has a water-tight system in place whereby only lenders with Bitcoin to lend can be matched to a borrower. There is no way a borrower can pay the collateral for the Bitcoin loan without receiving the Bitcoins borrowed. Furthermore, the collateral serves as a means of holding the borrower to account to repay the Bitcoin loan. So Xcoins is a safe platform to use for peer-to-peer Bitcoin lending.
Is Xcoins legit, or is it a scam?
Xcoins is a legit company which is providing a unique service within the cryptocurrency sphere. There have been no reported cases of fraudulent activity on the part of borrowers/lenders, or on the part of the Xcoins team. Xcoins is, therefore, a truly legit company.
- 1WORST BITCOIN COMANY HANDS DOWNAaron
- 5xcoins super amezingakkararom
- Cape Verde
- Sri Lanka
- United Kingdom
- Solomon Islands
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Russian Federation
- South Korea
- Papua New Guinea
- Dominican Republic
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Equatorial Guinea
- Hong Kong
- Sierra Leone
- Saudi Arabia
- Cayman Islands
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Czech Republic
- United Arab Emirates
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Central African Republic
- San Marino
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- South Africa
- Isle of Man