YouHodler Review 2022
YouHodler is an online exchange designed to support the trading of cryptocurrencies and more. Described as a hybrid CeDeFi platform, YouHodler offers innovative DeFi products, breaking away from more traditional exchange frameworks.
Founded in 2018, with headquarters in Switzerland and Cyprus, YouHodler supports the trading of the largest cryptos by market cap. YouHodler also supports the following cryptos:
Tether, USDC, Pax Dollar, TrueUSD, DAI, HUSD, EURS, Uniswap, Compound, Maker, SushiSwap, yearn.finance, Synthetix, OmiseGo, Paxos Gold, Stellar, 0x, Bancor, Dash, Tron, EOS, Polygon, Aave, Huobi Token, Tezos, Basic Attention Token, and Augur. The platform does add new coins to their portfolio on an ongoing basis, however, to increase their crypto market coverage.
While supporting the trading of cryptos, YouHodler has a number of other key product offerings. These include crypto loans, interest, multi HODL, and Turbocharge.
As a multi-product platform, YouHodler is secure and regulated. Regulations include
- Pawnbroker authorization #LEAE-PGG-EV-2020-0001 (Switzerland)
- SRO Polyreg
- Affiliated with the Financial Services Ombudsman FINSOM.
- Cyprus License (Cypress) – application in progress.
YouHodler is a global platform that supports all countries with the exception of the following:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, China, Cuba, Germany, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Pakistan, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, United States of America, US Minor Outlying Islands, US Virgin Islands.
YouHodler Platform Attributes
Key attributes of the YouHodler platform include:
- Supports crypto and fiat deposits and withdrawals.
- Crypto loans: 90% loan-to-value.
- Get up to 12.3% interest for stablecoins and up to 8% for other crypto.
- Multi HODL: Boost savings and keep daily interest.
- Turbocharge: Crypto collateral cloning to boost earnings
- Very responsive customer support team
- Global community, with clients from over 100 countries.
- YouHodler Crypto Wallet App allows users to store, exchange, and spend 7 stable coins and 30 cryptos.
- As a regulated exchange, YouHodler has a high emphasis on security.
The Pros and Cons
- CeDeFi: Integration of Chainlink Price Feeds to enhance the reliability of key functions including the issuance of loans and liquidation of uncollateralized loans.
- Compliant & Transparent: YouHodler is a regulated and has a transparent fee structure.
- Crypto and fiat deposits & withdrawals: Users may deposit and withdraw both crypto and fiat currencies.
- Customer Support: Users may contact a responsive customer support team by Chat.
- Multiple Product Offering: Users can earn interest as well as take out crypto collateralized loans to boost earnings.
- Secure & Regulated: Holds multiple licenses, with a high emphasis on security.
- Supported Cryptos: Top 20 cryptos and more.
- Verification: Easy onboarding and user friendliness.
Other positives include
- Affiliate Program: Attractive rewards with pay outs in fiat, crypto, or stablecoins.
- NFTs: YouHodler also gives users access to NFTs.
- Limited number of supported cryptos. The largest cryptos by market and most popular are available, however. This will become less of an issue over time as the platform increases its crypto coverage.
- No demo account. The platform is easy to navigate, however, and there is a responsive customer support team and comprehensive help section to assist users.
Table of Contents
- Brokerage Services, Supported Cryptocurrencies & Payment Methods
- The Details
- Deposit & Withdrawal Options
- Trading Platform
- Key features of the YouHodler platform
- Privacy and Security
- Customer Support
- Additional Information
YouHodler Video Review
YouHodler is an online platform supporting the trading of cryptos.
Investors are able to trade the top 20 cryptos by market cap and more by depositing fiat currency by bank transfer or by purchasing with credit/debit card. Alternatively, investors may deposit already held YouHodler supported cryptos to fund trading and investing activity.
Users who pre-own YouHodler supported cryptos can make wallet-to-wallet transfers to the compatible crypto wallets provided on the YouHodler platform.
In addition to supporting the trading of cryptos, crypto holders may also:
- Spend crypto via the YouHodler App.
- Earn interest on cryptos.
- Place cryptos as collateral for loans.
- Increase crypto exposure by up to 6.5x via Turbocharge
To open an account, go to the YouHodler homepage and click on the ” Get Started” icon as shown below:
Complete the requested information. This includes Country of Residence, email, and password.
Agree to receiving YouHodler platform updates and acknowledge that you have read and agree to the privacy notice, Ts and Cs, Data Processing Addendum, AML/KYC Policy, Terms of Conversion Services, and Complaints Process and then click “Sign Up”.
In order to unlock Multi HODL, Turbocharge, loans, savings, and conversions, you will need to verify your email and your phone number.
In order to complete the basic verification process, go to your profile page by clicking the “Profile” icon located on the left-hand side of your YouHodler page.
- Click on the email “Verify” icon. Enter the verification code that is sent to your email address.
- Click on the phone “Verify” icon.
- Enter your phone number and click “Continue”.
- You will then receive a verification code via SMS. Enter the 6-digit code to complete your phone verification.
Upon completion of the basic verification, users will then need to complete the account verification process to have access to the multi-product offerings.
- Step 1: Sign contract in order to unlock identity verification.
- Step 2: Confirm identity in order to unlock basic platform functions.
- Step 3: Confirm address to unlock fiat operations.
In order to complete the account verification process, simply go to your profit page:
Step 1: Sign Contract
- Click the Verify icon under the Account Verification section.
- You will then need to sign a contract. Click the “Start” icon.
- Indicate whether you are a U.S person by clicking “Yes” or “No”.
- Enter the personal information requested, which includes first and last name, DoB, and Nationality. Then click “Continue”.
- Enter your home address and then click “Continue”.
- Indicate whether you are the sole beneficial owner of the assets on your future account by clicking “Yes” or “No”.
- Review the information within the Declaration of Identity of Beneficial Owner form and then click “I accept and sign”.
Step 2: Confirm Identity
Click on the “Start” icon to complete your identity confirmation.
- Select the issuing country and document type.
- Then upload or capture the front and back side of the document as prompted.
- Once uploaded, click “Continue”.
- You will then need to take a selfie holding the identity document. You may either upload or capture.
- Then click “Send Application”.
Step 3: Confirm Address
Click on the “Start” icon to complete your address verification.
- Select the document type and upload your document and press “continue”.
Please note that the document should be issued within the last 3 months and must contain the date of issue.
Upon completion and verification of Step 3, users will have access to YouHodler’s full product suite, including fiat operations.
Post Registration Deposit
Upon completion of the verification process, you will now need to make a deposit to begin trading and making full use of YouHodler’s product offerings.
Users may either:
- Deposit YouHodler supported cryptos by completing a simple wallet-to-wallet transfer.
- Purchase crypto by credit/debit card.
- Deposit fiat currencies by way of a bank transfer.
In order to make a crypto deposit, go to the “Wallets” page.
- Select the crypto that you wish to deposit and click on the “Deposit” icon.
- Alternatively, if the wallet is not shown, you may add a supported crypto wallet by clicking the “Add wallets” icon.
- Either scan the QR code or copy and paste the YouHodler wallet address to your external wallet.
- Enter the amount of crypto that you wish to transfer to your YouHodler wallet and complete the transfer.
Once your funds have reached your YouHodler wallet, YouHodler will notify you by SMS and email and you can then begin enjoying YouHodler’s full product suite.
Users may also deposit fiat money by way of bank transfers and purchase supported cryptos by credit/debit card. Please see fiat currency deposit section below for details.
YouHodler gives investors and traders access to the most popular cryptos in the market place and also some lesser known cryptos.
Supported cryptos include but are not limited to:
Tether, USDC, Pax Dollar, TrueUSD, DAI, Binance USD, HUSD, Bitcoin, EURS, Ethereum, Chainlink, Uniswap, Compound, Maker, SushiSwap, yearn.finance, Synthetix, OmiseGo, Paxos Gold, Dogecoin, Litecoin, Ripple, Stellar, 0x, Bancor, Binance Coin, Cardano, Dash, Tron, EOS, Polygon, Bitcoin Cash, Aave, Polkadot, Huobi Token, Tezos, Basic Attention Token, and Augur.
In order to exchange a crypto for another crypto or fiat currency, go to the Wallets page.
- Select the crypto that you wish to exchange.
- Click on the “Exchange” icon.
- Enter the amount that you wish to exchange and select the target currency from the drop-down menu.
- Acknowledge that you have read and agree to How Conversion Works and Terms of Conversion Services.
- Then click the Convert icon.
YouHodler supports the buying and selling of supported cryptos with crypto and fiat currencies via the exchange platform.
In addition to providing traders with an exchange platform, YouHodler also offers users loans, interest, and ways to increase crypto market driven yields.
Via the YouHodler wallets page, users may exchange already held assets for crypto or fiat.
Via the wallets page, users may also boost earnings by way of the Multi HODL feature. Here, users may choose pairings and direction to boost income.
In addition to the option to boost income via the Multi HODL feature, YouHodler also offers users Loans and interest income. There is also a Turbocharge feature to enhance crypto earnings.
YouHodler offers users with loans to meet regular fiat currency needs. Crypto holders may place already held crypto as collateral in order to obtain fiat money or stablecoins. Upon repayment of the loan, YouHodler returns the held crypto to the borrower.
Based on a cascade of loans principal, crypto holders may use crypto as collateral to get more crypto and benefit in case of further price growth. This is an ideal product of crypto holders foreseeing further price growth.
The YouHodler platform provides users access to charts via the wallets page. Here, users may select line or candlestick charts. Time intervals on offer include 1 minute, 5 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, and 4 hours, as shown below.
The YouHodler platform has a dedicated “Transaction History” page allowing users to view all transactions across the platform.
Here, users also have the option to filter by asset to narrow searches.
Additionally, users may view transactions at asset level by viewing each individual wallet.
Via the Wallet’s page, users have access individual wallet balances in either EUR or USD and also in the asset base currency. On the wallets page, users are also provided with a total value in EUR or USD and percentage movement of the total value.
Fees and Charges
YouHodler provides users with a transparent fee schedule via the FAQ section.
YouHodler users can use the fee calculator to work out conversion rates and associated fees. Fees vary by asset, as shown in the examples below*:
*Please note that exchange fees vary by transaction size
Exchange timings can be summarised as follows:
Stablecoins <-> Stablecoins – instant
Crypto <-> Fiat – instant
Fiat <-> Stablecoins – instant
Crypto <-> Crypto – 5-30 minutes
Crypto <-> Stablecoins – 5-30 minutes
Deposit and Withdrawal Fees
- USD SWIFT: $25 fee per deposit, $100 minimum.
- EUR SEPA: No fee deposit, €100 minimum.
- EUR SWIFT: €25 fee per deposit, €100 minimum.
- There are also minimum deposits for GBP and CHF, both 100.
- Credit Card (loan repayment): 4.7% ($1/€1 minimum)
- Cryptos: No fee, $5 crypto equivalent minimum.
- Stablecoins: No fee.
Fiat Withdrawals Fees:
- USD SWIFT: 1.5% fee, minimum $70.
- EUR SEPA: 1.5% fee, minimum €70.
- EUR SWIFT: €5 fee, minimum €55.
- GBP and CHF: 0.15% fee, minimum GBP55/CHF55.
Fiat Withdrawal Limits:
- By bank card: $2 / €2.
- By bank wire: $500 / €50 / CHF & GBP 500.
Crypto/Stablecoin Withdrawal Limits:
Minimum withdrawal amount is between $5-$50 in crypto/stablecoins equivalent depending on the withdrawal currency.
Please note that withdrawal fees vary and can be viewed in the withdrawal form of the crypto wallets.
- Minimum loan amount: $100.
- Close now fee: 1% from the overdraft amount.
- Reopen: Interest fee + 1% service fee (from borrowed amount).
- Extend PDL: 1.5% from the additional collateral.
- Increase LTV: 1.5% from the increased amount.
- Minimum loan amount: $100.
- Close now fee: 1%.
- Minimum deposit to start earning interest: $100 (in crypto equivalent).
- Maximum deposit: $100,000 (overall on all currencies).
- Users can calculate savings rate with the YouHodler Savings Calculator.
YouHodler has dedicated wallets page to support crypto and fiat conversions as well as deposit and withdrawals. In addition, verified users also have the option to boost exposures by clicking the “Boost” icon.
Users may readily transfer YouHodler supported cryptos between external and YouHodler wallets.
Users may readily transfer YouHodler supported cryptos between external and YouHodler wallets.
Via the “Wallets” page:
- Users may deposit and withdraw crypto and fiat currencies.
- Convert already held fiat or cryptos.
- View individual wallet balances and total balance.
- See intraday price movements for an asset and view basic charts.
- Boost existing cryptos or fiat by clicking the “Boost” icon. This is a multiplier function using a portion of your YouHodler wallet balance. This is a quick access to the Multi HODL function.
Do note that, for each wallet, YouHodler provides individual crypto fiat balances as well as balances in USD Dollars. A total balance is also available in EUR or USD.
YouHodler enables the deposit and withdrawal of crypto and fiat currencies.
For investors looking to deposit or withdraw fiat or purchase crypto by credit/debit card, you will need to complete the account verification process.
Users may the deposit and withdrawal of YouHodler supported cryptos.
In order to make crypto deposits and withdrawals, go to the “Wallets” page as shown below:
Select the crypto wallet listed on the “Wallets” page and click the deposit option. For demonstrative purposes, we have chosen Bitcoin (“BTC”).
Once you have selected the deposit option, copy the wallet address to your external wallet or scan the QR code and complete the transfer.
Once your Bitcoin have reached your YouHodler wallet, you will receive an SMS and an email notification.
(In order to avoid making an error in entering the address details, it is recommended that you scan the QR code to transfer from your external wallet to your YouHodler wallet).
For withdrawals, users are able to withdraw cryptos by transferring out from the YouHodler wallets to external compatible wallets.
In order to withdraw your crypto, select the wallet from which you wish to withdraw your crypto and click the “Withdraw” icon.
- Copy and paste your external wallet address and confirm that you have double checked the address.
- Click on the “Get email code” icon to confirm withdrawal with email.
- Enter the code and then click “Withdraw”.
Please note the minimum withdrawal amount, commission, and estimated arrival time.
In order to deposit fiat currencies, go to the wallets page and select the fiat currency that you wish to deposit.
You may add additional fiat currency wallets by clicking the “+ Add Wallets” icon.
- Click on the deposit icon.
- Then click on:
- The “Bank Wire” icon for bank transfers for no fee deposits. Transfers can take up to 3 business days.
- Advcash (inc. Bank Cards) icon for instant payments. There is a 1% fee for Advcash deposits.
- For Advcash payments, enter the amount that you wish to deposit and click “Continue”.
- You will then be redirected to the Advcash.com page to complete your details in order to complete the deposit.
- Additionally, uses may deposit with any other credit card, there is a 4.5% deposit fee.
In order to withdraw fiat, go to your wallets page and select the fiat wallet from which you wish to make a withdrawal.
- Click on the Withdrawal icon.
- Select the withdrawal option
- Credit card – instant with fee of between 3% to 3.5% or $1 to $5.
- Bank wire – Approximately 24 hours, with a fee of 1.5%. There is a minimum withdrawal of $70.
- In the case of bank wire withdrawals, enter the IBAN and account number along with your bank details and complete the transaction.
Please note that bank processing times and fees vary depending upon bank wire method. There are also minimum withdrawals depending upon currency. See below:
- USD (SWIFT) – up to 5 days, with a fee of 1.5% and a minimum withdrawal of $70.
- EUR (SEPA) – up to 2 business days, with a fee of €5, and a minimum withdrawal of €50.
- EUR (SWIFT) – up to 5-days, with a fee of €55, and a minimum withdrawal of €500.
- GBP/CHF: Up to 3-days, with a fee of 0.15% and minimum withdrawal of £55 / CHF55.
As previously discussed, users may use the exchange feature as well as Turbocharge and Multi HODL to gain exposure to the fiat and crypto markets.
YouHodler gives users access to the crypto markets via the YouHodler exchange.
Here, users may exchange fiat for crypto, crypto for crypto or crypto for fiat.
Simply go to the Wallets page and select the crypto or fiat that you wish to exchange, by clicking the Exchange icon.
- Enter the amount of crypto or fiat that you wish to convert.
- Review the fee, amount to convert, and rate and then click “Convert”.
Once you have placed your order, the transaction will appear in your wallet history and also on the Transaction History page.
Go to the Turbocharge page and then click “+ Create New Turbo”.
- Select your collateral ticker and enter the amount of collateral and then select your borrowed ticker.
- Then, select your plan. Either 90%/30 days or 70%/61 days.
- Choose the number of loans and review the transaction details.
- If you wish to set a take profit, enter the close price.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and acknowledge that you understand how Turbocharge works and then click “Turbocharge”.
YouHodler’s Multi HODL is a tool to multiply your crypto assets using a portion of your YouHodler wallet balance.
Here, the advantage is that users can keep the majority of funds safely in a wallet while earning interest and using some amount to engage in trading activities with high-profit potential.
The platform uses your Multi HODL assets to open the first loan in an automated chain of loans. With the borrowed funds from the first loan, the platform buys more crypto and uses it as collateral for a second loan in the chain. The process repeats itself from 2 to 50x depending upon the user’s Multiplier Level.
To use the Multi HODL feature:
- Go to the Multi HODL page and select the pairing that you wish to trade. (You may also go to the Wallets page and click the “Boost” icon).
- Choose the direction that you wish to trade, up or down.
- Select your source collateral and enter the amount.
- Then select the Multiplier Level.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and acknowledge that you know how multi HODL works and have read the Risk Disclosure.
- Then click Start.
- There are also the options to take profit and / or stop loss to manage risk.
Crypto/Fiat Exchange: A simple to use interface for users to inter-exchange crypto and fiat currencies.
Multi-HODL: User-friendly trading service for those who want to extract profit from market volatility in both directions. The product allows you to multiply your crypto assets using a portion of your YouHodler wallet balance.
Turbocharge: Users can place already held crypto as collateral to get much more crypto and benefit in the event of further price appreciation.
YouHodler provides users with a dedicated Transaction History page. Here you can view all of the operations statuses as well as your transaction history.
Wallets: Users may also view individual wallet transactions via the wallets page.
Referral Program Bonus: Users can either:
- Get an additional +0.50% interest rate on a coin of your choice for 3-months.
- Receive a permanent extended maximum limit on your savings account (+$10,000 for each friend capped at 5 friends).
Interest: Earn weekly interest on cryptos by depositing cryptos into your crypto savings account.
Loans: Users can obtain crypto-backed loans. This allows you to continue to hold onto your cryptos, while obtaining cash to meet regular needs at the same time.
SUPPORT: Users are able to contact customer support via the chat icon located at the bottom right-hand side of your YouHodler page. Additionally, customer support is contactable via firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Network Platforms: YouHodler also has a presence on LinkedIn, Telegram, Twitter, and YouTube.
YouHodler ensures an adequate level of security by offering users 2FA to add an additional layer of protection.
2-Factor Authentication (2FA): User need to enable 2FA in order to log into the account. Here, you can either choose to use SMS or an authenticator app in order to receive the log in code.
YouHodler provides support via Chat and email. Additionally, there is a comprehensive Help Section that includes tutorials and FAQs.
Tutorials and Answers: Users may search through detailed documentation and watch videos to help in navigating the platform.
Chat Icon: Through the chat icon, users may also make contact with a responsive customer support team.
Social Media: YouHodler also has a social media presence.
Some of the more frequently asked questions available on YouHodler include:
How Crypto Savings Works
Users can earn interest in crypto by depositing and keeping crypto in their YouHodler wallets.
- After passing all required KYC procedures, deposit your funds to your YouHodler wallet.
- Click on the “Sign Savings Reward” icon.
- Agree to the Savings Reward Agreement.
- Then click “Start earning”.
Interest is paid once per week to all of your wallets than have an APR label.
How to get a loan
YouHodler provides users with an option to get a loan using crypto assets as collateral. After repaying the loan, the YouHodler returns the collateral back, even if it has increased in value.
- To get a loan, go to the Loans page and click the “Get new loan” icon.
- Choose the crypto you wish to pledge as collateral and your desired loan amount, and LTV.
- Review the Ts and Cs.
- Click the “Get Loan” icon.
YouHodler is an innovative CeDeFi platform delivering traditional banking features such as loans and interest to the crypto market. Additional features, including Multi HODL and Turbocharge, allow users to enhance earnings.
The platform also offers a simple to use exchange for users looking to interchange between cryptos and fiats.
As a regulated entity offering the largest and most popular cryptos, coupled with its support of both fiat and crypto, the YouHold platform takes the crypto world one step closer to a banking alternative.
Establish in 2018, YouHodler’s global presence and product offerings place YouHodler high on the list of alternatives for users looking to step away from traditional banking platforms.
YouHodler User Reviews
- USD Coin
- Paxos Standard
- True USD
- Multi Collateral Dai
- Binance Coin
- Uniswap Protocol Token
- Compound Governance Token
- Bitcoin Cash
- Basic Attention Token
- Theta Fuel
- Flow - Dapper Labs
- Cape Verde
- Sri Lanka
- United Kingdom
- Faroe Islands
- Solomon Islands
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Puerto Rico
- Burkina Faso
- South Korea
- Virgin Islands, British
- Saint Lucia
- Russian Federation
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Papua New Guinea
- Vatican City
- Cote d'Ivoire
- Dominican Republic
- New Caledonia
- Equatorial Guinea
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Hong Kong
- Sierra Leone
- Saudi Arabia
- Cayman Islands
- Cook Islands
- Sao Tome and Principe
- United Arab Emirates
- Czech Republic
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Central African Republic
- Northern Mariana Islands
- San Marino
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- South Africa
- French Polynesia
- Isle of Man