DAX30 ABC Pullback Awaits Critical Breakout Up or DownGerman stock index DAX 30 is building a bearish pullback to the 23.6% Fibonacci level after completing 5 bullish waves (grey) in a wave 3 (pink)
Trading Derivatives carries a high level of risk to your capital and you should only trade with money you can afford to lose. Trading Derivatives may not be suitable for all investors, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved, and seek independent advice if necessary. A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) can be obtained either from this website or on request from our offices and should be considered before entering into a transaction with us. Raw Spread accounts offer spreads from 0.0 pips with a commission charge of USD $3.50 per 100k traded. Standard account offer spreads from 1 pips with no additional commission charges. Spreads on CFD indices start at 0.4 points. The information on this site is not directed at residents in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
Will there be a deeper wave 4 retracement to the 38.2% Fibonacci level or will price break above the 21 ema high? Let’s review.
Price Charts and Technical Analysis
The DAX 30 daily chart remains very bullish with the 21 emas above the 144 ema and 233 ema. There is also lots of space between the moving averages, which indicates a strong trend.
- Price action, however, is in between the 21 ema high and 21 ema low after bouncing at the 23.6% Fibonacci level. This is an indecision zone.
- Price action has completed a wave 3 (pink).
- The current pullback is probably a wave 4 (pink).
- A bullish breakout (blue arrows) could also take place above the 21 ema high.
- A bearish break (orange arrow) below the support trend lines (green) could indicate a deeper wave 4. The main target is the 38.2% Fibonacci level.
- A bullish bounce (green arrows) at the 38.2% or 50% Fibonacci is expected.
- A break below the 50% Fibonacci level places the Elliott Wave outlook on hold (orange) whereas a deeper retracement invalidates it (red).
On the 4 hour chart, we can see that price action completed a 5 wave (blue) ending diagonal pattern in wave 5 (orange):
- After the divergence pattern appeared (purple line), price action made a bearish ABC (orange) pullback.
- The next breakout is critical. A bullish breakout (green arrows) above the resistance (orange) could indicate an uptrend continuation.
- A bearish breakout (orange arrows) below the support trend lines (green) could indicate a deeper retracement.
- A bullish breakout means that price is making a wave 123 (orange) up.
- A bearish breakout means that price is building a bearish ABC (grey) pattern down.
The analysis has been done with the indicators and template from the SWAT method (simple wave analysis and trading). For more daily technical and wave analysis and updates, sign-up to our newsletter
For a look at all of today’s economic events, check out our economic calendar.