Natural Gas Price Prediction – Prices Surge as Momentum Turns Positive

Prices recapture resistance which is now support
David Becker
Offshore Jack Up Rig in The Middle of The Sea

Natural gas prices rallied sharply on Monday rising more than  3% recapturing resistance which is now support. There are two tropical storms in the Atlantic one with a 90% chance that it will turn into a tropical cyclone. There is also one storm in the Gulf of Mexico with a 10% chance of becoming a tropical cyclone. The disturbance in the Atlantic could make their way across the Atlantic and generate production issues. The weather is expected to remain normal for the next 8-14 day, keeping natural gas heating demand subdued.

Technical Analysis

Natural gas prices rallied sharply rising more than 3% and recapturing resistance which now supports near the 10-day moving average at 2.275. Support on natural gas is seen near the October lows at 2.18. Short term momentum has flipped and turned positive in oversold territory as the fast stochastic generated a crossover buy signal. Additionally, the current reading on the fast stochastic is 26, above the oversold trigger level of 20 which points to accelerating positive momentum. Medium-term momentum remains negative as the MACD (moving average convergence divergence) histogram is printing in the red with a downward sloping trajectory which points to lower prices.

Supply Slips in Recent Week

The Energy Information Administration reports that supply is down. The EIA reveals that the average total supply of natural gas fell by 1% compared with the previous report week. Dry natural gas production remained constant week over week. The average net imports from Canada decreased by 3% from last week. Total U.S. consumption of natural gas fell by 3% compared with the previous report week, according to the EIA. Natural gas consumed for power generation declined by 6% week over week because of overall lower cooling demand.

Don't miss a thing!

Discover what's moving the markets. Sign up for a daily update delivered to your inbox

Latest Articles

See All

Expand Your Knowledge

See All
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS
The content provided on the website includes general news and publications, our personal analysis and opinions, and contents provided by third parties, which are intended for educational and research purposes only. It does not constitute, and should not be read as, any recommendation or advice to take any action whatsoever, including to make any investment or buy any product. When making any financial decision, you should perform your own due diligence checks, apply your own discretion and consult your competent advisors. The content of the website is not personally directed to you, and we does not take into account your financial situation or needs.The information contained in this website is not necessarily provided in real-time nor is it necessarily accurate. Prices provided herein may be provided by market makers and not by exchanges.Any trading or other financial decision you make shall be at your full responsibility, and you must not rely on any information provided through the website. FX Empire does not provide any warranty regarding any of the information contained in the website, and shall bear no responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using any information contained in the website.The website may include advertisements and other promotional contents, and FX Empire may receive compensation from third parties in connection with the content. FX Empire does not endorse any third party or recommends using any third party's services, and does not assume responsibility for your use of any such third party's website or services.FX Empire and its employees, officers, subsidiaries and associates, are not liable nor shall they be held liable for any loss or damage resulting from your use of the website or reliance on the information provided on this website.
RISK DISCLAIMER
This website includes information about cryptocurrencies, contracts for difference (CFDs) and other financial instruments, and about brokers, exchanges and other entities trading in such instruments. Both cryptocurrencies and CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money. You should carefully consider whether you understand how these instruments work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.FX Empire encourages you to perform your own research before making any investment decision, and to avoid investing in any financial instrument which you do not fully understand how it works and what are the risks involved.
FOLLOW US