Siemens Bullish Bounce After Bearish ABC Pattern CompletedThe overall uptrend, however, remains valid. The bounce at the 38.2% Fibonacci level suggests an Elliott Wave 4 pattern.
The Siemens (SIE) stock price made a bearish pullback after failing to break the top. Price action made an ABC pattern rather than full uptrend as our previous analysis expected.
Trading Derivatives carries a high level of risk to your capital and you should only trade with money you can afford to lose. Trading Derivatives may not be suitable for all investors, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved, and seek independent advice if necessary. A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) can be obtained either from this website or on request from our offices and should be considered before entering into a transaction with us. Raw Spread accounts offer spreads from 0.0 pips with a commission charge of USD $3.50 per 100k traded. Standard account offer spreads from 1 pips with no additional commission charges. Spreads on CFD indices start at 0.4 points. The information on this site is not directed at residents in any country or jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
The overall uptrend, however, remains valid. The bounce at the 38.2% Fibonacci level suggests an Elliott Wave 4 pattern.
Price Charts and Technical Analysis
Siemens seems to have completed a bullish 5 waves (orange) in a wave 3 (grey) momentum:
- The current ABC pullback (orange) has probably completed a wave 4 (grey) at the 38.2% Fibonacci retracement level.
- The retracement in wave 4 is now a simple correction but it could expand into a longer ABC pattern as well.
- A bullish breakout (green arrows) above the 21 ema zone could indicate a retest of the previous top.
- A bearish breakout (orange arrows) below the support trend line (green) could indicate a retest of the bottom or 38.2% Fibonacci level.
- A bullish bounce is expected at the Fib level (blue arrows).
- Only a deeper retracement below the 50% Fib places this wave outlook on hold (orange circle) or invalidates it (red circle).
On the 4 hour chart, Siemens seems to have completed the 5 wave pattern (green) in the wave C (orange):
- A 5 wave leading diagonal (green) seems to be unfolding in wave 1 (orange).
- A bearish ABC pattern could develop in wave 2 (orange).
- The wave 2 is expected to bounce (blue arrows) at the Fibonacci levels.
- A break below (dotted orange arrows) the 100% Fibonacci level indicates (red circle) one more lower low. It invalidates the wave 1-2 (orange) pattern.
- But a bullish bounce is still expected at the Fibonacci levels around $140 (dotted blue arrow).
- A bullish breakout (green arrows) before the pullback occurs indicate an immediate uptrend.
The analysis has been done with the indicators and template from the SWAT method (simple wave analysis and trading). For more daily technical and wave analysis and updates, sign-up to our newsletter
For a look at all of today’s economic events, check out our economic calendar.