FXTM Review 2019
FXTM Video Review
- Investor Protection & Regulations
- Tradable Products
- Account Opening
- Deposit & Withdrawals options
- Web & Desktop Trading Platforms
- Privacy & Security
- Mobile Trading Platforms
- Trading Features
- Commissions & Spreads
- Trader Education
- Trading Experience
“This ECN/STP broker was established in 2011 to offer Forex and CFDs and is highly regulated in the UK by the FCA among other regions. They offer the trading of over 250 assets through the MT4 and MT5 platforms.”
FXTM is also known as ForexTime, and commenced operations in 2011 from its de facto headquarters in Limassol, Cyprus. Since then, FXTM has achieved rapid global expansion, driven primarily by its desire to serve specific local markets with strong FX demand.
The FXTM brand is located in 3 jurisdictions, operated by the following FXTM companies:
- FT Global (Business Address in Armenia).
- ForexTime UK Limited (operates in the UK).
- Forextime Ltd (operates in the EU, South Africa and to a limited extent, the UK)
FXTM does not provide brokerage services to residents of the following countries
- Canada (Quebec, British Columbia and Saskatchewan)
Trading with FXTM comes with the following features:
- A variety of trading platforms.
- Multiple regulations including FCA and CySEC.
- Various promotions and trading contests*.
- Registration of participating traders in various compensation funds.
*Applicable ONLY for clients of FT Global Limited.
Investor Protection & Regulations
“FXTM is an internationally-regulated brand, which provides a measure of authenticity in is brokerage operations. It is regulated in UK by FCA and Cyprus by CySEC. As such it offers investor compensation schemes to protect its traders and it segregates its working funds from client accounts.”
FXTM is a global brand that operates out of several locations around the world. Some jurisdictions require that a company operating branches in their locations must be regulated by the agencies that supervise the financial markets. FXTM is in compliance with this directive in several countries and the brand is regulated as follows:
The brand operates in Cyprus and the EU as ForexTime Limited. (www.forextime.com/eu) The company is authorized and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission with Cypriot Investment Firm (CIF) license number 185/12.
In South Africa, Forextime Limited is regulated by the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) of South Africa, with FSP license No. 46614.
In UK, we have ForexTime UK Limited (www.forextime.com/uk), which is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with license number 777911. This regulation comes with a compensation scheme of up to £50,000 on deposits.
FT Global Limited (www.forextime.com) is regulated by the International Financial Services Commission of Belize with License numbers IFSC/60/345/TS and IFSC/60/345/APM.
“FXTM presents hundreds of trading instruments from across different global exchanges. It offers trading of 50 currencies, 5 metals, 3 commodities, 180 share CFD’s, 5 indices and 3 cryptocurrencies**”.
Let us look at some of the products.
**Trading CFDs on cryptocurrencies is only available under FT Global Limited.
“The Standard and ECN Accounts on FXTM have several subtypes. Under the Standard account, we have the Standard, Cent and Shares Account types. ECN account sub-types are the ECN Zero account, FXTM Pro account and the ECN account. Both can be traded on MT4 and MT5.”
There are two main types of accounts on FXTM: the Standard and ECN accounts. This is the account structure on FXTM in all its jurisdictions. However, countries where FXTM maintains a local branch may have some minute differences. What is described here is obtainable with Forextime Ltd.
- Standard Account
Under the Standard account, we have the Standard, Cent and Shares Account types. What does each come with?
- The Standard sub-account comes with tight, floating spreads, adjustable leverage of up to 1:30, hedging permissibility and a swap-free version of the account.
- The Cent account provides the same features as above, but has the extra feature of permitting the trading of cent lots (lower than a mini-lot). This is a perfect transition account when moving from demo to a live account.
- The Shares account is exclusively used for trading stocks CFDs. It is commission-free, has a swap-free version and allows for the trading of 180+ shares. Maximum leverage is 1:5.
- The Standard accounts are all traded exclusively on the MT4.
- ECN Account
ECN account sub-types are the ECN Zero account, FXTM Pro account and the ECN account. Both can be traded on MT4 and MT5.
- The ECN Zero account subtype is commission-free, comes with tight, floating spreads and provides for investment management under the FXTM Invest program.
- The ECN account is a true ECN account. It comes with a $4 commission per trade. Spreads start from 0.1 pips. Hedging and scalping are allowed.
- FXTM Pro is for professional traders. Spread is from 0 pips, with access to Tier 1 deep liquidity. There are no commissions and no “last-look” pricing.
Swap-free accounts do not attract overnight interest charges. However, swap-free accounts are not available on the MT5 platform. FXTM Invest is also not available on the MT5.
FXTM provides a free and unlimited demo account. After completing the form, the trader has to click on “Send PIN”. The PIN is sent to the phone number used in registration for number confirmation.
Apart from SMS verification, all account holders must pass a “Know Your Customer” (KYC) screening and also verify the payment methods to be used.
Deposit & Withdrawals options
“FXTM has an extensive deposit/withdrawal system, which includes credit and debit cards, e-wallets, bank wires and crypto deposits. Deposits are all free of charge. For withdrawals, Credit and debit cards face a 2 EUR/ 3 USD/ 2 GBP charge and are usually processed within the same business day” .
FXTM offers multiple deposit and withdrawal methods, all geared towards inclusiveness. This allows users all over the globe to be able to use a deposit/withdrawal method that is suited for their location.
All transactions can be done using one out of the following currencies: USD, GBP, EUR and several national currencies. A chosen account currency cannot be changed once selection has been made – applicable only for a single transaction.
Methods for deposit/withdrawal on FXTM include:
- Credit cards (MasterCard, Maestro and VISA)
- E-wallets (Skrill, Neteller, DusuPay, FasaPay, DixiPay, WebMoney, CashU, QiWi, Yandex.Money, PerfectMoney).
- Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin via Skrill.
- International bank wires
- Local bank wires to local accounts (selected countries only such as Tanzania, Nigeria, Kenya, Algeria, Afghanistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Egypt, Iraq, Palestine, Thailand, China and Vietnam).
Please note that the list of the methods above depending on the FXTM entity and on the clients Country of Residence.
Deposits are all free of charge. For withdrawals, Credit and debit cards face a 2 EUR/ 3 USD/ 2 GBP charge and are usually processed same day. Some E-wallets are free of charge.
An inactivity fee of the equivalent of $5 is charged for accounts that remain dormant for 6 months.
Web & Desktop Trading Platforms
“FXTM offers various versions of the MT4 and MT5 platforms to its clients. MT4 is available through WebTrader, download client or mobile. The ECN Zero and ECN accounts on FXTM are operated with MT4 bridge software. Therefore, the same MT4 features are available to traders with these accounts as well as the regular accounts. MT5 is available for download.”
The MT4 and MT5 are the platforms provided by FXTM. These platforms however come in various versions built for the web, for desktops and for mobile devices.
The FXTM MT5 is an improvement on the MT4 and can be downloaded from the MyFXTM members’ area. But what do you get with the MT5 that you do not get with the MT4?
You can join the FXTMInvest program as a trader whose strategies are copied for a fee. The MT5 allows you to do this with one click of the button shown below:
You also get access to an expanded indicator suite, with 38 native indicators as opposed to 30 from the MT4.
There are more time frames to choose from, as well as a Depth of Market tool which shows what positions are being setup by buyers and sellers in the market.
The ECN Zero and ECN accounts on FXTM are operated with MT4 bridge software. Therefore, the same MT4 features are available to traders with these accounts as well as the regular accounts.
You can get access to the regular tools and 30 native indicators found on the MT4.
Use the Symbols tab (View -> Symbols) or press Ctrl + U to access the full asset index. You can then click on Show to have them all displayed on the Market Watch window for trading.
Use the Options tab to get access to several functions that have to do with EAs, charts as well as trade servers.
The MT4 and MT5 software can be operated on forex VPS for round-the-clock trading. There is also an FXTM MT4 Multi-terminal which is used by account managers.
FXTM has a webtrader, which is the online version of the MT4 platform. This can be accessed using this link, and requires secure login using the account details obtained after account creation.
The Webtrader does not have a News Bar and is therefore adapted for use in trading with technical analysis only. If you want to trade with the news, the desktop versions are your best option.
Privacy & Security
“Security of trading accounts and user data on FXTM is achieved through account segregation, strong partnerships with top banks, investor compensation funds and SSL encryption”.
How does FXTM secure the accounts of its clients?
The protectionist measures adopted by FXTM to secure the user information, payment details and account details of clients include the following:
- Account segregation, which protects clients’ funds from being affected by any unlikely liquidation.
- Strong partnership with top banks.
- Registration of clients with various Investor Compensation Funds in the different operational areas.
- Adoption of the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) network security protocol to ensure that all connections for transactions and communications are kept secure.
- Encryption of data transmission to prevent data breaches and unauthorized access of user information.
Mobile Trading Platforms
“FXTM proprietary Trader App is available on the Google Play and iOS Stores. With this you can access charting tools for trading, access one-click trading and follow the market movements on the go. Additionally you can download the MT4 and MT5 app from the app store and Google Play Store for Android”.
FXTM offers a proprietary mobile trading app which can be downloaded from the Google Play and iOS stores. This is an advanced version of the mobile apps offered until now.
With the FXTM trader app, you get the following features:
- 250+ financial instruments
- Ability to modify, open and close positions in seconds.
- One-click trading provides speedier market execution
- Access to the MyFXTM members’ area.
- State-of-the-art charting tools
The conventional turnkey mobile app for MT4 and MT5 is also available. Traders can therefore make a choice between these two versions and the FXTM Trader App.
“FXTM offers great tools for traders. These include FXTMInvest social trading programme, and you can participate in regular trading contests***”.
One of the tools offered by FXTM is the FXTMInvest social trading programme. This allows traders with sound strategies offer them for subscription to other traders for a fee, and also affords those without much experience the opportunity to get sound trading alerts from experienced traders.
You can also trade in an automated manner using the MT4 and MT5 platforms. There is also the opportunity of trading with a Forex VPS.
You can also participate in the various trading contests*** which come up periodically on FXTM. This gives you a chance to win cash prizes as well as get your profile out there, especially if you want to sell your strategy signals on FXTMInvest.
***Applicable ONLY for clients under FT Global Limited.
Commissions & Spreads
“FXTM features low spreads starting from 0.1 pips on EUR/USD Standard accounts, and 0 pips on the ECN accounts, Shares spreads start at 2 pips”.
The table below shows the FXTM spreads on major currencies as well as commodity assets. These apply to all account types except the ECN Zero accounts.
Bonus & Promotions
“Bonuses, promotions and contests are freely available on some of the FXTM operational locations. They include 10%-30% deposit bonus in Asia, Africa, China and MENA and refer a friend bonus plus trading contests”
Forextime Limited and Forextime UK Limited are prohibited by the regulators from offering bonuses to clients. But under FT Global Limited, bonuses, promotions and contests are freely available.
You can have access to four different bonus categories on FXTM. These bonuses are as follows:
- Refer A Friend Bonus: There is a $25 bonus given for every referral to the FXTM platform. You will need a referral link to be able to get going with this program.
- 10% – 30% Deposit Bonus: This is a location-based bonus which allows users in Asia, Africa, China and the MENA region to enjoy an additional 30% bonus on their deposits.
- $30 Bonus: This is a selective cash bonus given to traders who open and fund their accounts within 6 months.
- Imperial Bonus: The Imperial Bonus is about 10% of an account bonus, withdrawable only after completing 30% of the bonus figure in lot sizes.
“FXTM has a robust customer support department which is available in 17 languages. The Live Chat option is one of the faster ways of getting in touch. The service is highly efficient and the support rep knew the information to hand without having to keep us waiting. ”
Customer service on FXTM is multi-lingual, and available 12 hours a day, Monday to Friday. The customer support team can be reached on the following channels:
- Live chat.
- Main Phone Lines: UK: +44 20 3734 2255; Cyprus – +357 25 55 8 777. Countries where FXTM has a presence may also have phone lines.
- Telegram: https://t.me/ItsForexTime
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/ForexTimeEU
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ItsForexTime
- The support email address is email@example.com
- Customer care representatives are prompt and responsive, with the Live Chat service responding within seconds. Emails are responded to within a few hours of the business day. Staff is generally courteous.
“FXTM provides market analysis and live news events”.
FXTM provides a number of tools for market research. These include the following:
- Daily market analysis
- Forex news timeline
- Quarterly market outlook
- Market analysis videos
An economic calendar rounds off the market research tools provided on FXTM.
The choice of analysis is wide and constantly updating, the videos are excellent and really update you on the markets without having to read articles and the Twitter live feed is also a great way to stay on top of the markets.
“FXTM offers good trader education resources across ebooks, webinars, physical seminars and a library of short educational videos too”
FXTM has invested significantly into producing some of the best educational resources for traders.
There are e-books on several aspects of forex trading, forex webinars and local seminars in countries where FXTM has a physical presence. A forex glossary and a beginner’s guide to forex trading are also available. There are also trading strategies and short educational videos. The videos are suitable for beginners and more advanced traders too.
“Traders have a good experience with FXTM’s platforms. Many good reviews can be found and awards from reputable sources like World Finance.”
FXTM has won several industry awards, most of which are based on positive reviews provided by its clients. One of its most consistent awards has been in the area of forex education and the trading conditions provided.
It is enough to state that the experiences of the FXTM clients have generally been very positive. The awards publishers include reputable names like World Finance and even us here at FX Empire.
Where is FXTM based?
FXTM operates out of its main jurisdictions in Cyprus, UK and Belize.
How does FXTM make money?
FXTM makes its money from spreads charged on trades as well as commissions charged on trades on the ECN accounts.
How do I deposit into an FXTM account?
FXTM provides extensive methods for depositing funds into a trading account. Deposits can be made using credit cards, Skrill, Neteller, bank wires, FasaPay, local bank transfers and international bank wires. Other country-specific methods are available as well.
IS FXTM regulated, and do I have access to an investor protection fund?
FXTM is regulated by CySEC, FCA and IFSC. CySEC and FCA regulators offer an investor protection fund, allowing its users the possibility of compensation if there are broker-related financial issues on the trader’s account.
What is the maximum leverage usable on FXTM?
The maximum leverage obtainable is 1:1000 of FT Global Limited but pegged at 1:30 for the EU and UK offering.
How do I open an account with FXTM?
Fill the online form available on the home page of the website. The website’s cookies will automatically direct you to the regulated region where you reside, except you choose otherwise.
Does FXTM use MetaTrader?
Yes, FXTM offers the MT4 and MT5 trading platforms. The MT4 is used in delivering the ECN solution using a bridge.
“This highly regulated FCA and CySEC broker offers a whole range of trading resources, leading trading technology including a proprietary app and a huge selections of assets to trade.”
FXTM came to the market with an identified strategy: to achieve global expansion by planting offices and a more localized forex brokerage offering in countries with strong FX demand. Since 2011, the company has achieved consistent growth and is now one of the household names in retail forex.
FXTM also provides comprehensive trader education via a number of resources, and offers a regulated environment for retail forex trading. Trader protection is achieved by encryption of data and a number of other channels.
|Regulated by||CySEC, FCA, IFSC|
|Number Of Employees||150|
Trading Account Options
FXTM Trading Features
|24 Hours Support||Yes|
|Support During Weekends||No|
Customer Support Languages
|Supported Trading Platforms||MT4|
|Commission On Trades||Yes|
|Guaranteed Stop Loss||Yes|
|Promotion info||Official Site|
|1:1000 LEVERAGE WITH FT Global Limited|
1:1000 LEVERAGE! 1:1000 gives you the power to trade with $100,000 when you've opened a position with just $100. *1:1000 leverage is dependent on the trader’s knowledge & experience. OPEN YOUR TRADING ACCOUNT TODAY
- 1.0Became one of the worstJohn
- 1.0I fell for these reviewsKiran
- 4.0Good News AppBrandon