Daily Gold News: Monday, August 15 – Gold Trades Below $1,800 Again
Gold Price Recap
The gold futures contract gained 0.46% on Friday, August 12, as it continued to fluctuate following the recent advances. On Wednesday the market reached new local high of $1,824.60 following lower-than-expected Consumer Price Index release. This morning gold is breaking below its short-term local lows, as we can see on the daily chart (the chart includes today’s intraday data):
Fundamentals and Economic News Schedule
Friday’s Michigan Consumer Sentiment number release has been better than expected at 55.1. Today we will get the Empire State Manufacturing Index and NAHB Housing Market Index releases.
Below you will find our Gold, Silver, and Mining Stocks economic news schedule for the next two trading days.
Monday, August 15
- 8:30 a.m. U.S. – Empire State Manufacturing Index
- 10:00 a.m. U.S. – NAHB Housing Market Index
- 4:00 p.m. U.S. – TIC Long-Term Purchases
- 9:30 p.m. Australia – Monetary Policy Meeting Minutes
- All Day, Eurozone – French Bank Holiday, Italian Bank Holiday
Tuesday, August 16
- 5:00 a.m. Eurozone – German ZEW Economic Sentiment
- 8:30 a.m. U.S. – Building Permits, Housing Starts
- 8:30 a.m. Canada – CPI m/m, Common CPI y/y, Median CPI y/y, Trimmed CPI y/y
- 9:15 a.m. U.S. – Industrial Production m/m, Capacity Utilization Rate
- 9:30 p.m. Australia – Wage Price Index q/q
Stock Trading Strategist
Sunshine Profits: Analysis. Care. Profits.
* * * * *
All essays, research and information found above represent analyses and opinions of Paul Rejczak and Sunshine Profits’ associates only. As such, it may prove wrong and be a subject to change without notice. Opinions and analyses were based on data available to authors of respective essays at the time of writing. Although the information provided above is based on careful research and sources that are believed to be accurate, Paul Rejczak and his associates do not guarantee the accuracy or thoroughness of the data or information reported. The opinions published above are neither an offer nor a recommendation to purchase or sell any securities. Mr. Rejczak is not a Registered Securities Advisor. By reading Paul Rejczak’s reports you fully agree that he will not be held responsible or liable for any decisions you make regarding any information provided in these reports. Investing, trading and speculation in any financial markets may involve high risk of loss. Paul Rejczak, Sunshine Profits’ employees and affiliates as well as members of their families may have a short or long position in any securities, including those mentioned in any of the reports or essays, and may make additional purchases and/or sales of those securities without notice.