Daily Gold News: Tuesday, Sep. 28 – Gold Breaks Below the Recent Lows
The gold futures contract gained 0.02% on Monday, as it extended a short-term consolidation following last Thursday’s decline to around $1,740. The market continued to trade along the $1,750 price level after breaking below local lows of around $1,780 more than w week ago as series of the U.S. economic data releases along with the rallying U.S. dollar led to a sell-off in precious metals. This morning gold is trading below the recent local lows, as we can see on the daily chart (the chart includes today’s intraday data):
Today gold is 0.9% lower, as it is trading closer to $1,730 price level. What about the other precious metals? Silver is 2.0% lower, platinum is 1.0% lower and palladium is 2.1% lower. So precious metals’ prices are lower this morning.
Yesterday’s Durable Goods Orders release has been higher than expected at +1.8%. Today we will get the CB Consumer Confidence, U.S. Goods Trade Balance and Wholesale Inventories releases. We will also get a series of the Fed Members speeches. At 10:00 there will also be the Fed Chair Powell Testimony.
Below you will find our Gold, Silver, and Mining Stocks economic news schedule for the next two trading days:
Tuesday, September 28
- 8:00 a.m. Eurozone – CB President Lagarde Speech
- 8:30 a.m. U.S. – Goods Trade Balance, Preliminary Wholesale Inventories m/m
- 9:00 a.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Evans Speech, HPI m/m, S&P/CS Composite-20 HPI y/y
- 10:00 a.m. U.S. – Fed Chair Powell Testimony, CB Consumer Confidence, Richmond Manufacturing Index
- 1:40 p.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Bowman Speech
- 3:00 p.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Bostic Speech
Wednesday, September 29
- 1:00 a.m. U.S. – Pending Home Sales m/m
- 11:45 a.m. U.S. – Fed Chair Powell Speech
- 11:45 a.m. Eurozone – ECB President Lagarde Speech
- 11:45 a.m. Japan – BOJ Governor Kuroda Speech
- 11:45 a.m. U.K. – BOE Governor Bailey Speech
- 2:00 p.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Bostic Speech
- 9:00 p.m. China – Manufacturing PMI, Non-Manufacturing PMI
- 9:45 p.m. China – Caixin Manufacturing PMI
For a look at all of today’s economic events, check out our economic calendar.
Stock Selection Strategist
Sunshine Profits: Analysis. Care. Profits.
* * * * *
All essays, research and information found above represent analyses and opinions of Paul Rejczak and Sunshine Profits’ associates only. As such, it may prove wrong and be a subject to change without notice. Opinions and analyses were based on data available to authors of respective essays at the time of writing. Although the information provided above is based on careful research and sources that are believed to be accurate, Paul Rejczak and his associates do not guarantee the accuracy or thoroughness of the data or information reported.
The opinions published above are neither an offer nor a recommendation to purchase or sell any securities. Mr. Rejczak is not a Registered Securities Advisor. By reading Paul Rejczak’s reports you fully agree that he will not be held responsible or liable for any decisions you make regarding any information provided in these reports. Investing, trading and speculation in any financial markets may involve high risk of loss. Paul Rejczak, Sunshine Profits’ employees and affiliates as well as members of their families may have a short or long position in any securities, including those mentioned in any of the reports or essays, and may make additional purchases and/or sales of those securities without notice.